Cozumel Nachi-Cocom or Mr. Sancho's

marcyjane

If your 19 year old is like my 20-something daughters, you'll wind up at Mr. Sanchos. Water toys, music, lively atmosphere, etc.

When it is just the wife and I we prefer Nachi - no water toys, not crowded, quiet, relaxing, with great service

Have done both multiple times, personally I think the food is better at Sanchos but I like the more laid back atmosphere at Nachi the past couple trips. They offer pretty much the same thing, Sanchos just holds a lot more people. You will be happy with either, if the water toys are of interest then go to Sanchos, if you want to eat a ton go to Sanchos (Nachi gives you plenty of food but it is not all you can eat). If you want a quieter beach break go to Nachi. Nachi does not allow topless sunbathing and we have seen it at Sanchos (not a lot by any means) so if that matters one way or another there you go.

I think the best advice is try one this trip, then try the other next trip.

Question for those of you that have been to both. Which did you like better. No kids just 4 Adults one is 19 year.

Thanks in advance for any information or input. :)

Ive have the same question! Have 19yr old too and was deciding which to book. When are you going, we depart 3/19 on Allure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just at Nachi last week and LOVED it. I'd been to Mr. Sancho's on previous cruises and found it to be a little too crowded for my taste (I'm a 28-year-old woman, for what it's worth). I thought the food was excellent at Nachi because it wasn't the standard fare Americanized Mexican. Yes, you could get your tacos and enchiladas, but we asked our waiter for recommendations and enjoyed some of the best seafood I've had in a while.

Is there better snorkeling at either location?

No beach club with a sandy shoreline and waves will offer good snorkeling - there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish and the waves/sand cloud the water.

Both places offer snorkel excursions to the reefs - about $35 for 90 min and 2-3 stops. There is some snorkeling near the pier at Nachi where you may see a few fish.

Better option IMHO is to first head to the Money Bar - great snorkeling from the shore. Stay there for 1-2 hours and enjoy some drinks/snacks and then head to your beach club for the rest of the day -- or just spend the day at the Money Bar (no beach, no pool & no AI - but also no admission fee. Your call.

Have done both multiple times, personally I think the food is better at Sanchos but I like the more laid back atmosphere at Nachi the past couple trips. They offer pretty much the same thing, Sanchos just holds a lot more people. You will be happy with either, if the water toys are of interest then go to Sanchos, if you want to eat a ton go to Sanchos (Nachi gives you plenty of food but it is not all you can eat). If you want a quieter beach break go to Nachi. Nachi does not allow topless sunbathing and we have seen it at Sanchos (not a lot by any means) so if that matters one way or another there you go.

I just saw on Nachi's facebook page they now allow 130 people a day. I think it was 100 when we were there in 2015, but that day only 2 ships were in port and only had 53 people that day.

Good advice here. Can anyone recommend how far in advance to book Nachi? We don't cruise until next January, so I'm sure now would be waaaay too early to reserve 2 spots, but should it be several months? Weeks? Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Good advice here. Can anyone recommend how far in advance to book Nachi? We don't cruise until next January, so I'm sure now would be waaaay too early to reserve 2 spots, but should it be several months? Weeks? Thanks in advance [emoji4]

We book Nachi right after booking our cruise and flights - no reason to wait and take a chance that some group or wedding will book the place up.

Which location would be better for a family of 3 with our little girl being only 8 years old?

Playa Mia attracts lots of families - water toys, kiddie water park, beach, etc.

If you prefer a pay-as-you-go option check out Paradise Beach - great facilities, nice beach, HUGE pool. $3 admission/chair rental.

Definitely Mr. Sanchos. Drinks flow freely and the food is good. The guys who work there are very nice.

Going back again next month

We are going in June and usually go to Nachi. Service was a little off the last couple of times we went, so DH wants to try Mr. Sanchos. What's the best way to make reservations? TIA

Sol y Mar

We are going in June and usually go to Nachi. Service was a little off the last couple of times we went, so DH wants to try Mr. Sanchos. What's the best way to make reservations? TIA

Sol y Mar

For Sanchos we always book directly through their website http://www.mrsanchos.com

• 2 weeks later...
I just saw on Nachi's facebook page they now allow 130 people a day. I think it was 100 when we were there in 2015, but that day only 2 ships were in port and only had 53 people that day.

When we were there in October it was only 100 people. It looked like they did expand down the beach a little though and there were more rows of chairs.

We book as soon as we book the cruise. No need to wait. All my excursions are booked now for a cruise in September. I am an early planner.

Two questions: do they supply transportation from the ship and is seafood included in the inclusive menu?

We were just at Nachi last week and LOVED it. I'd been to Mr. Sancho's on previous cruises and found it to be a little too crowded for my taste (I'm a 28-year-old woman, for what it's worth). I thought the food was excellent at Nachi because it wasn't the standard fare Americanized Mexican. Yes, you could get your tacos and enchiladas, but we asked our waiter for recommendations and enjoyed some of the best seafood I've had in a while.

Two questions: do they supply transportation from the ship and is seafood included in the inclusive menu?

The transportation is not provided by Nachi, you will need to get a cab at the port and they will call for a cab when you're ready to leave. The cost is yours.

They do offer seafood, I had the shrimp and it was good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OK just wondering if others have seen topless sunbathing at Mr Sanchos? We were there a few years ago and remember it being fun for all but family friendly too....don't judge me for asking...not setting off any conversations...but asking bc I have 3 boys age 16, 14, and 12....and we are traveling with grandma. That would be awkward. Just asking. I mean someone laying in the sun topless on the beach would be one thing...but walking around and in the pool area topless etc is another. Just wanting to know....

Edited by cruising7
Misspelled word

The transportation is not provided by Nachi, you will need to get a cab at the port and they will call for a cab when you're ready to leave. The cost is yours.

They do offer seafood, I had the shrimp and it was good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It has been some years since we have been to Cozumel. I may be confusing this port with another. Do you need to walk out of the gate to get a private taxi, do they have them inside the port area, or both. If both is the cost the same?

OK just wondering if others have seen topless sunbathing at Mr Sanchos? We were there a few years ago and remember it being fun for all but family friendly too....don't judge me for asking...not setting off any conversations...but asking bc I have 3 boys age 16, 14, and 12....and we are traveling with grandma. That would be awkward. Just asking. I mean someone laying in the sun topless on the beach would be one thing...but walking around and in the pool area topless etc is another. Just wanting to know....

I've seen very few if any topless sunbathing anywhere on Cozumel; the beaches at PDC and many of the AI resorts there and in Cancun attract a lot of European tourists where it is more common. I doubt you will have any issues.

It has been some years since we have been to Cozumel. I may be confusing this port with another. Do you need to walk out of the gate to get a private taxi, do they have them inside the port area, or both. If both is the cost the same?

There will be a taxi line just outside of the port; there will be a board with the fares to popular tourist spots, including Nachi, posted. There is almost always an expediter working the line who speaks English. The base fare of about $17 covers up to 4 passengers in the cab, so pair up with others from your roll call (or even in the line) and save $$ :cool: