Fighting for my Stockholder Benefits!

fideauxdon

We usually book insides, but the deal we got on Anthem this past January was too good to pass up. $2,245 total for 2 people for 12 nights in a balcony cabin plus we booked using our Discover Cash back bonus and got another $200 off and we got our $200 Shareholder OBC.

Wow! I would think that would be a really good deal for an inside cabin but a great deal for a balcony!!! Good to hear you still received your shareholders OBC with this deal. Not sure why others are having trouble. Hopefully it all works out for them.

Hubby is a shareholder and gets turned down every single time we sail. Granted, we often book onboard to take advantage of the extra benefits of things like Go Best, but we also rarely sail in less than a sky suite, so we're still paying a pretty penny in most cases. Personally I think it's BS that they aren't willing to throw $100 or so in OBC back to shareholders. The majority of people sailing are not shareholders, so I think it's ridiculous that they aren't willing to give a small 'hey, thanks for not only investing in us but also sailing with us regularly!' perk. From the sounds of other people's experiences, perhaps we just need to put in a few more phone calls and/or send a few more faxes to see if we can get the shareholder credit - sounds like (as is typical with X) it just depends who you land on the phone and what kind of mood they're in!

I agree that sometimes it's who you ask. We asked for 2 for last year and hot no. Then listed all 5 and got 4 yes which we took the email with us on each trip but we did have to fight for one of the yes ones onboard including having to call uk to get them to apply it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We posted this comment in another similar thread. As long time stockholders (for around thirty years) and frequent cruisers we used to always get our stockholder credit. But in recent years it is usually denied with the comment such as (:we do not combine that credit with your discounted fare...or some other similar rejection). At a table of very frequent cruisers (all Elite Plus) this past December we all talked about the subject and reached a similar conclusion. If you are getting the stockholder credit, you are simply paying too much for your cruise...or have booked without the best amenities. The exception to our rule might be for inside cabins (we only book balcony or better on Celebrity).

Hank

We posted this comment in another similar thread. As long time stockholders (for around thirty years) and frequent cruisers we used to always get our stockholder credit. But in recent years it is usually denied with the comment such as (:we do not combine that credit with your discounted fare...or some other similar rejection). At a table of very frequent cruisers (all Elite Plus) this past December we all talked about the subject and reached a similar conclusion. If you are getting the stockholder credit, you are simply paying too much for your cruise...or have booked without the best amenities. The exception to our rule might be for inside cabins (we only book balcony or better on Celebrity).

Hank

The above sums this (often discussed, rarely resolved) matter up very well.

I have been told that booking at a "residents" rate is now combineable with shareholder benefit, but I will believe it when I see it. In the meantime, even with all the cutbacks, we still find Celebrity to be the best value on the seven seas for our vacation $$$. Shareholder benefit or not.

:cool:

Kendal

Yes, I have decided to sell my stock also, after being turned down for my upcoming cruise. I always get my shareholder benefit from Carnival, no matter what price I pay for cruise (we usually sail Princess as we are in San Francisco area.) I will happily take the profits I have made, however, holding on to it all these years.

I am a travel agent and have clients who cruise Celebrity a couple of times a year, and it has been years since I have been able to get them the Shareholder benefit as there is always some kind of perk or benefit. I was told once that if there is just one promotion on the booking they can get it, but not if there are two or more, but I am not sure if that is true. I almost always get my clients the one category Captain's Club upgrade and they usually have perks or a special promotional rate so they do not qualify. They grumble about it every time I try and it is declined, but then I remind them of the fact that they bought their shares for under $6 back in 2009 (might have been as low as they have ever been) and they are now worth almost $100!

Don't take "no" for an answer if your booking is a resident, senior or police/fireman rate. They are all eligible for the shareholder OBC. Twice I have been turned down, only to have it reverse when I questioned the refusal. That was after my TA called and was told NO as well.

We are booked on the Reflection April transatlantic cruise also - concierge class balcony room that we booked a year? ago while onboard another X cruise. We called Celebrity and they applied (after we emailed them the required paperwork) the shareholder credit without any argument or issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hank

I am new to Celebrity. The TransAtlantic in April will be my first with Celebrity, but I have held RCCL shares for a couple of years now, mainly for the growth and the dividends. I have a balcony on my upcoming cruise and the only discount I received was the 'resident' rate. Before I booked the cruise through a TA, I called the Investor Relations and asked if I would be getting the SH OBC. They advised that I would as it is combinable with a 'resident' rate discount. Once the cruise was paid for, I sent in for the SH OBC and have an email confirming I will get the US$200 SH OBC! The nice part is my TA refunds me (via cashback) 5% of the price I pay after I sail. This beats any of the other 'perks' I would get via the cruise line and as far as I can see, it is the only time the TA sends me a separate cheque. When I have gone on Princess Cruises, she offers me a refundable OBC and I get the SH OBC (I also own shares in CCL which is the parent company of Princess), as Princess allows you to combine any and all OBC and perks. It is interesting how the TA is aware of how the various cruise lines deal with the SH OBC. If my strategy works well and smoothly on my April TransAtlantic, I will be cruising some more with Celebrity to get the Elite status I currently enjoy on Princess. Any other tidbits of information will be greatly appreciated as I excitedly look forward to sailing on Celebrity.

About the only place I have been able to get it has been on inside cabins with no perks. It is cannot be combined with just about any discount or perk that Celebrity offers. Usually these days there is some perk offered on Veranda or above rooms.

And since we only book Group Pricing, they will even kick it on TAs.

Took our 250% profit and blew the stock out. Virtually no upside and no benefits=no reason to hold.

We've only received the shareholder OBC once on Celebrity where we're Elite; whereas we've never failed to receive it on a Carnival (i.e., HAL, etc) ship. I could never figure out the rationale. If I as a stockholder book a cruise with some included perks for the same price as a non-stockholder, then what's the benefit of being a stockholder in the first place??? Well, okay, it IS trading in the $90's, but still.....

Below is a typical reply I receive from Celebrity on each denial of request for Shareholder OBC.

This has occurred the last 4 cruises and just denied again for 2 upcoming cruises.

Elite Plus, yet that does not seem to be a factor positive or negative.

I have booked both direct with Celebrity and with a TA, same result.

Mirage

Thank you for your email.

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’sonboard credit cannot be applied to reservation 8xxxxxx because there isanother onboard credit offer already applied. If you wish to take advantage ofthe shareholder’s offer instead of the other offer, please contact your travelagent to have that offer removed. Once the other offer is removed, pleaseresubmit your complete request.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Coupon Redemption Team

Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

We've only received the shareholder OBC once on Celebrity where we're Elite; whereas we've never failed to receive it on a Carnival (i.e., HAL, etc) ship. I could never figure out the rationale. If I as a stockholder book a cruise with some included perks for the same price as a non-stockholder, then what's the benefit of being a stockholder in the first place??? Well, okay, it IS trading in the $90's, but still.....

That's the comparison I've been using too.

Oasis this Feb, Select Drinks Package promo- turned down

Eclipse in June, Classic Drinks package - granted Shareholder Benefit

Independence Sep , Deluxe Drinks package - granted shareholder benefit.

There really is no rhyme or reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk