A List of Cruise Lines Sailing to Cuba (with Prices!)

plane2port

Looks like we have more and more options for visiting cruising to Cuba these days. It still is a somewhat expensive itinerary, but there are some affordable options out there. I've researched what's available and found that there are ten cruise ships that sail 12 itineraries there. I've put these options into a table for easy comparison.

http://www.plane2port.com/finally-time-cruise-cuba/#more-2070

My favorite itinerary, at least on paper is the Ponant 8 night that circumnavigates the island. Unfortunately it's priced at almost $4500 which makes it an unrealistic option for me.

The Carnival Paradise is something I'm seriously considering in the near future. We can drive to the port and the price is right. I'm closely monitoring the Paradise thread on this board.

FYI

Oceania have 7 nt cruises with 3 ports in Nov & Dec & the prices include air unless you opt for the cruise only fare

bad news is most are fully booked

You are absolutely correct. These do have the three ports in Cuba. The reason they didn't show up in my search is that they are completely sold out! Hopefully this demand will result in more options for us that want to spend more time there than just one or two days in Havana.

Looks like we have more and more options for visiting cruising to Cuba these days. It still is a somewhat expensive itinerary, but there are some affordable options out there. I've researched what's available and found that there are ten cruise ships that sail 12 itineraries there. I've put these options into a table for easy comparison.

My favorite itinerary, at least on paper is the Ponant 8 night that circumnavigates the island. Unfortunately it's priced at almost $4500 which makes it an unrealistic option for me.

The Carnival Paradise is something I'm seriously considering in the near future. We can drive to the port and the price is right. I'm closely monitoring the Paradise thread on this board.

The Fathom Adonia Cuba cruises have 4 days in Cuba, not 5.

We booked the Paradise the first day the itinerary was listed. Always wanted to go to Cuba and it was our anniversary month and the price wasn't bad considering where it was going. I also wanted to book while the island was still in it's raw state and not too commercialized yet, which seems to happen when us American find a place. There is also that little concern I have about the current government changing all the rules before too long.

We booked the Paradise the first day the itinerary was listed. Always wanted to go to Cuba and it was our anniversary month and the price wasn't bad considering where it was going. I also wanted to book while the island was still in it's raw state and not too commercialized yet, which seems to happen when us American find a place. There is also that little concern I have about the current government changing all the rules before too long.

This is the itinerary that we would be most likely to book. We can drive to Tampa port and as you said the price is not too bad. I hope that when you return you'll post full details on this board!

I really lucked out, I booked the Carnival Paradise when it was going to Cozumel. Then they changed the itinerary to Cuba, so I got it at the lower price. They also gave us OBC for this change. We sail 9-21-17. I had already booked us on the NCL Sky to Cuba for 5-1-17. Now we have 2 sailings to Cuba.

I really lucked out, I booked the Carnival Paradise when it was going to Cozumel. Then they changed the itinerary to Cuba, so I got it at the lower price. They also gave us OBC for this change. We sail 9-21-17. I had already booked us on the NCL Sky to Cuba for 5-1-17. Now we have 2 sailings to Cuba.

That's great! Good to see someone who benefits from an itinerary change for once. Your Sky cruise can be your Havana scouting expedition so you'll know what to focus on when you return on the Paradise.

That's great! Good to see someone who benefits from an itinerary change for once. Your Sky cruise can be your Havana scouting expedition so you'll know what to focus on when you return on the Paradise.

That was my thought, I'll be able to tell the Paradise cruisers what we have learned.

I recently returned from a seven night circumnavigation cruise on the Celestial Cryistal which I truly enjoyed. It left from Montego Bay Jamacia and stopped in three cities one of which was an overnight in Havana. The cruise was great because of the number of Cuban people working in the restaurant and all the entertainment staff and band were Cuban as well. I found the price to be much less than other lines and it included a drink package, tips OBC, and all our people to people tours in Cuba. The cruise is listed as My Cuban Cruise. Take a look there are quite a few reviews, right on this thread.

I recently returned from a seven night circumnavigation cruise on the Celestial Cryistal which I truly enjoyed. It left from Montego Bay Jamacia and stopped in three cities one of which was an overnight in Havana. The cruise was great because of the number of Cuban people working in the restaurant and all the entertainment staff and band were Cuban as well. I found the price to be much less than other lines and it included a drink package, tips OBC, and all our people to people tours in Cuba. The cruise is listed as My Cuban Cruise. Take a look there are quite a few reviews, right on this thread.

AnJ, did you book directly with the cruise line? I will definitely need to add your cruise to the list. Sounds like it is a great experience! I went to their website and checked on the price of a few sailings from Montego Bay. The least expensive one I found was a little over $3000 in the lowest category inside cabin. Does that sound about right to you?

Edited by plane2port

Sorry it took so long to get back. Yes, I did book directly with the cruise line and in checking my invoice we paid a total of $3600.00 US for the two of us and we had an obstructed view stateroom on the sixth deck. That price included a drink package (alcohol), tips, all people to people tours, and $50 per person OBC..

Thank you for this list OP! We were going to take a cruise to Cuba but then realized that airfare from Philly to Havana was half the cost of airfare from Philly to Miami to hop on a cruise. So we opted for a land vacation in Cuba instead. That NCL Sky sailing looks tempting, especially if it will include open bar :P. I'll have to research that in case we want to go back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI - The cruises on Carnival Paradise actually spend 1 night in Havana because they leave at 6 am the next morning.