Upgrade offer on my NCL account page

Mikkar

When I logged on to my account on NCL today, the first thing that came up was the upgrade offer for my cruise to Bermuda in April. I have received 2 e-mails from NCL but this is the first time that it came up on my account page on the NCL website.

When I logged on to my account on NCL today, the first thing that came up was the upgrade offer for my cruise to Bermuda in April. I have received 2 e-mails from NCL but this is the first time that it came up on my account page on the NCL website.

I'm curious.. what is the date of your cruise and was it an upsell or link to the bidding site?

It's a link to the bidding site. It started showing up on my MyNCL page last week. I assumed everyone was getting it, since I had put in bids when I got the email a while back. (If you've already bid, the link takes you to the page where you can modify your bids.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There's a link in mine as well - what's interesting is that the link in the email I originally received takes me to offers in Canadian dollars while the one in MyNCL takes me to offers in USD. Not all that interesting however as the amounts work out to be the same ;)

What if there are cancellations or, what if NCL pulled that room to sell blocks through travel agents? What if they are reserving those rooms for upbids at this point since its unlikely a last minute traveler will play full price. Before anyone jumps on me, no I don't work for NCL and no I don't know for certain and am definitely not as smart as those who like to criticize everything. I am just saying, you have nothing to lose by trying if you wish to do so.

I got it too...for Haven suites. Wondering if it is worth trying for. We currently have 2 adjoining balcony rooms and would want to upgrade to a 2 bedroom haven suite. Might be a pricy endeavor...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I have read here you can only upgrade 1 room to the 2 bedroom suite and then you would be stuck with the 2nd balcony room.

Why would I receive this on a sold out sailing?

I'll give you my theory.

Because it's probably really not sold out. It used to be very last minute that NCL would move all the suites into this status, but I've noticed a trend that they are doing it more often as early as one month out. The funniest thing I've seen so far is the Epic TA in April which has had about 15+ unsold H4's that were reduced to $2999pp for over two months, but suddenly at a little over a month out the price shot up to $6249pp with the same 15+ cabins available. They are getting ready for upsells and need people to bid high. Eventually the category will move to "sold out", even when there are a few still available. On my last cruise I talked to several people that moved into categories well after they showed as sold out online.

Another reason NCL takes bids on truly sold out categories is to have someone ready to move in if a person in that sold out category upsells and suddenly at the last minute there is a cabin available in the previously sold out category.

I got it too...for Haven suites. Wondering if it is worth trying for. We currently have 2 adjoining balcony rooms and would want to upgrade to a 2 bedroom haven suite. Might be a pricy endeavor...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haven is SOOOOOOO worth it IF you like having a private area and a larger room. Please let me know if you are able to combine 2 rooms on the upgrade.....I have a July sailing with friends.....we are in Haven, they have a balcony. Would LOVE to upgrade so that we can be in the same stateroom in the Haven, but wasn't sure how combining 2 rooms would work!

Just remember that the 2 bedroom suite is really a large master bedroom and a tiny additional bedroom. You'd have to figure out who gets the premium area!

• 2 weeks later...

The upgrade offer banner was on my account page yesterday, but disappeared today:confused:

Anyone else notice it gone?

The upgrade offer banner was on my account page yesterday, but disappeared today:confused:

Anyone else notice it gone?

What sailing? Mine is gone as of tonight too. We bid, but didn't get a confirmation email, so now I don't know how to get back to the page if I want to adjust my bid.

What sailing? Mine is gone as of tonight too. We bid, but didn't get a confirmation email, so now I don't know how to get back to the page if I want to adjust my bid.

The Getaway TA in April. I originally bid via the email, so I have that to adjust if I want. It is strange that you did not get a conformation email after you bid :confused: I received one instantly when I adjusted one of my bids. Maybe call the upsell department tomorrow and inquire. Here is their phone number if you do not already have it.

Still wondering where the banner disappeared to, haha!

The Getaway TA in April. I originally bid via the email, so I have that to adjust if I want. It is strange that you did not get a conformation email after you bid :confused: I received one instantly when I adjusted one of my bids. Maybe call the upsell department tomorrow and inquire. Here is their phone number if you do not already have it.

Still wondering where the banner disappeared to, haha!

Thanks! I've adjusted the bids a few times and didn't get emails then either. I called reservations tonight about another issue and asked about the link and the agent claimed that the only email I would receive would be if they accepted my bid. I will try that line directly tomorrow.