Dream boarding delayed

waynbo

Dream boarding is delayed until at least 12:30 due to gangway issues. There are so many folks with "Priority" boarding passes the Captains Lounge has overflowed and the people just keep pouring in. Looks like they've made a bunch of cash with the Faster 2 the Fun on this one.

FTTF doesn't have access to the priority lounge, only platinum and diamond. Sounds like you have a lot on your sailing.

FTTF waits in the general boarding area but boards right after platinum, diamond and suite passengers

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

That's what I thought, but I'm sitting in the "overflow" right now surrounded by golds and a couple reds with FTTF stamps.

Mobile doesn't have a Priority lounge. I don't know if they added one since December.

I don't think Long Beach has one. Everyone had to check in and wait outside the terminal back in August. After the ship was cleared, I went through security and walked right on. I never saw if there was a Priority lounge.

Last time we went out of New Orleans, when we arrived, around 12, the Lounge was closed. There was a separate line for Platinum and Diamond members to see an agent. I asked and was told that since the staggered boarding was implememted they didn't use the lounge anymore. This was Oct. 2016.:o

The New Orleans lounge was in use on February 9th. I had a 10:00am check in time. I got to the waiting area at around 10:15am(ish). The line wasn't long. I was a few minutes late getting into the building. Once inside, they were staggering our entrance into the check in area.

I had a decent view of the door if I turned around in my seat in the FTTF waiting area. I looked several times(when I wasn't asleep). People slowly trickled into the lounge.

Dream boarding is delayed until at least 12:30 due to gangway issues. There are so many folks with "Priority" boarding passes the Captains Lounge has overflowed and the people just keep pouring in. Looks like they've made a bunch of cash with the Faster 2 the Fun on this one.

?????? why would they make more money if boarding was delayed? Your last sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Mobile doesn't have a Priority lounge. I don't know if they added one since December.

I don't think Long Beach has one. Everyone had to check in and wait outside the terminal back in August. After the ship was cleared, I went through security and walked right on. I never saw if there was a Priority lounge.

Long Beach does have a Priority lounge but I haven't been there since June of last year. It's a small separate building inbetween the dome and parking garage and fairly small.

?????? why would they make more money if boarding was delayed? Your last sentence makes absolutely no sense.

It makes sense if you read it to mean they sold a lot of them which is what I understood it to mean.

It makes sense if you read it to mean they sold a lot of them which is what I understood it to mean.

Yes, you are correct. Tons of FTTF sold = big money for Carnival. Nothing to do with delays other than you notice all the people that have it.

But, they did call Diamonds first, then Platifnum, then FTTF even though we were all mixed together. They did a good job enforcing standards.

FTTF people do not wait with in the priority lounge in NOLA. They wait in the same section as everyone else, in special designatied rows of seats that near the windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

FTTF people do not wait with in the priority lounge in NOLA. They wait in the same section as everyone else, in special designatied rows of seats that near the windows.

This was my experience when I sailed on the Dream out of NOLA in April 2015. But maybe because of the delay there was not enough seating for all the FTTF people so they put some in the lounge?