Lost Camera 2-23-17 In Terminal

ondebyou

Just putting this out there just in case whomever picked up my black camera case is a member here, (Olympus Tough TG-3,red in color, with all the extras inside the bag) and decided to keep it instead of turning it in. This occurred on embarkation day on the referenced date, in the New Orleans Cruise Terminal. I did have insurance and filed a Stolen Item Claim. I just still bothers me that knowing someone in the terminal would do this instead of turning it in. Any info. would be appreciated.

375997900_431670-olympus-tough-tg-31.jpg.994c694c87b9f655d738b6a90f1f5fb0.jpg

That's awful. In January when I sailed Pride I left my purse in the bathroom in the terminal in Tampa and went back about 3 minutes later and it was still there. I ws so relieved. Can't believe I did that. I also left something on a table on Lido and went back for it 20 minutes later and it was still there.

Did you take a picture of your contact info with the camera?

Public shaming on a forum for something you did after almost 2 weeks after the fact? Nice

Really? How is this public shaming????? Maybe someone picked it up and is trying to find the rightful owner.

And maybe CC was an afterthought to the OP.

Judgemental much?:confused:

Public shaming on a forum for something you did after almost 2 weeks after the fact? Nice

That's probably not the nicest thing you've said today! Bear in mind if the cruise left on 2/23 they've only been back a little over a week, and it sounds like they've tried other things, like reporting it to the terminal, to their insurance... I'd have done the same thing (eventually) if I lost something valuable.

Didn't your mother ever teach you if you have nothing nice to say, just say nothing at all?? :rolleyes:

Public shaming? really?!! I have exhausted ALL other avenues, I would prefer to think of my post as REACHING OUT, in case someone reading this forum may be trying to find the rightful owner, unless they've simply decided to keep it. Thanks for your negativity anyway.....

OP, I do hope you get your camera back. How awful that happened to you and I'm truly sorry it did.

I once found someone's purse in a grocery store parking lot. The person had left it in the front part of their grocery cart, in the cart corral. I took it in and turned it in at the customer service desk, but after I got home I was wishing I hadn't. Why? Could I really trust the customer service person NOT to keep it? I am not a very trusting person (really don't know why), and to this day I wish I would have looked inside the purse to find the woman's driver's license and just returned it to her myself. That way I would KNOW she DID get it back!! I HOPE the customer service person "did the right thing" and gave it back to the rightful owner, if the woman came back to the store asking, or got the address from the driver's license, or a phone number off a checkbook, etc. and returned it but I really don't know if that happened.

So, even if someone in the terminal DID turn your camera/case in to someone there in authority, you still can't be sure THAT person didn't keep it. :( But I do hope it finds its way back to you somehow.

OP, I do hope you get your camera back. How awful that happened to you and I'm truly sorry it did.

I once found someone's purse in a grocery store parking lot. The person had left it in the front part of their grocery cart, in the cart corral. I took it in and turned it in at the customer service desk, but after I got home I was wishing I hadn't. Why? Could I really trust the customer service person NOT to keep it? I am not a very trusting person (really don't know why), and to this day I wish I would have looked inside the purse to find the woman's driver's license and just returned it to her myself. That way I would KNOW she DID get it back!! I HOPE the customer service person "did the right thing" and gave it back to the rightful owner, if the woman came back to the store asking, or got the address from the driver's license, or a phone number off a checkbook, etc. and returned it but I really don't know if that happened.

So, even if someone in the terminal DID turn your camera/case in to someone there in authority, you still can't be sure THAT person didn't keep it. :( But I do hope it finds its way back to you somehow.

This is so true Yvonne..and appreciate your thoughts. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update...for anyone not sure whether or not to take out the trip insurance, I'm here to say take it out anyway. I decided to take for this last cruise and it ending up paying me 97% of the value of my camera, so the new one is paid for now! Good to know that some things do work out after all. :)

On one cruise I found a lady's fanny pack on the counter by the drinks. I looked around for anyone who seemed to be looking for something but no one was. I opened the bag and inside was a huge wad of $100 bills. Found her name and went to GS to ask them to let the person know I was in the lobby with it.

She came with her husband and took it from me saying nothing. Her husband chided her as they walked away, turned and said she'd lost her car 3 times that day.

That night she came to me in the MDR and said thank you and ordered (a horrible) bottle of wine for me.

I didn't give it to GS not knowing if they'd keep the $$ which is a terrible thing to think but.....

Just putting this out there just in case whomever picked up my black camera case is a member here, (Olympus Tough TG-3,red in color, with all the extras inside the bag) and decided to keep it instead of turning it in. This occurred on embarkation day on the referenced date, in the New Orleans Cruise Terminal. I did have insurance and filed a Stolen Item Claim. I just still bothers me that knowing someone in the terminal would do this instead of turning it in. Any info. would be appreciated.

Almost same thing happened last year on Conquest. Left camera by deck chair on sail away, went to room, forgot I had it, but by the time I went back up it was gone. Checked in all week with guest services and nobody returned.

There are dishonest people everywhere.

Sorry for the OP, but at least you did get the money for it.

I have my own lost camera story, but thankfully with a happy ending. Husband was carrying our video camera in his hand when we grabbed a cab in Roatan to go to the beach. In the confusion of exiting, grabbing our bags and our snorkel gear, the camera was forgotten in the back seat. Of course, we only remembered it a few hours into the day. We scrambled trying to find the cab driver, and asking back at the port and at guest services. Imagine our shock and pleased surprise when we found out someone from our ship had gotten our same cab after we got out, and found our camera. We met them onboard after we sailed and got our camera back. We did offer some cash and drink purchases, but they said thanks but not necessary. So there are good folks out there. (y)