Oriana still for sale

majortom10

See that P&O are still advertising Oriana for sale. Was mentioned on forums and P&O Facebook page a while back and P&O very quickly removed the Facebook thread. So if anyone has a mere £170,000,000 in their back pocket she could be yours one careful owner.

See that P&O are still advertising Oriana for sale. Was mentioned on forums and P&O Facebook page a while back and P&O very quickly removed the Facebook thread. So if anyone has a mere £170,000,000 in their back pocket she could be yours one careful owner.

Sorry but this is rubbish. The adverts then and if there are any now are put out by firms who speculate and advertise a ship they think could be coming up foe sale. This has nothing to do with P&O then and it still has nothing to do with them.

It was disproved last time this story was about.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am afraid you always give that answer it is a website currently advertising all sorts of shipping and has a section for cruise ships of which there are many from all over the world. I am sure P&O would not allow a firm to advertise one of their ships for sale if they had no intention of selling it as they would ask them to remove it from advertising it for sale.

I am afraid you always give that answer it is a website currently advertising all sorts of shipping and has a section for cruise ships of which there are many from all over the world. I am sure P&O would not allow a firm to advertise one of their ships for sale if they had no intention of selling it as they would ask them to remove it from advertising it for sale.

I give that answer because it is the fact. It's common practice. P&O are not about to sell Oriana.

It takes years to sell a ship it is not a thing you do overnight. We were on Cunard's Caronia just before it went to Saga and it had already been sold by Cunard and had been leased back to Cunard. With the return of Adonia P&O will have 8 ships and a new mega one due in 2020 and they will struggle to fill the berths so it is common sense that they are going to get rid of at least one ship.

It takes years to sell a ship it is not a thing you do overnight. We were on Cunard's Caronia just before it went to Saga and it had already been sold by Cunard and had been leased back to Cunard. With the return of Adonia P&O will have 8 ships and a new mega one due in 2020 and they will struggle to fill the berths so it is common sense that they are going to get rid of at least one ship.

Sorry rubbish.

That is the same advert which was discredited 3/4/5 years ago. Nothing has changed.

The ship is not for sale. Why are you spreading this rumour again.

How do you know where the advert is and that it is the same as advertised before. You are making out you are an expert without even seeing the advert and unfortunately cannot place the advert on here. The last advert was a company in Italy this is a US website and gives a for sale price of $210,000,000 or £170,934,796 which is about right exchange rate after brexit so must be a current advert.

How do you know where the advert is and that it is the same as advertised before. You are making out you are an expert without even seeing the advert and unfortunately cannot place the advert on here. The last advert was a company in Italy this is a US website and gives a for sale price of $210,000,000 or £170,934,796 which is about right exchange rate after brexit so must be a current advert.

No it's the advert I saw years ago, I looked it up when you first posted.

This is you spreading a false rumour

The firm is QPS and based in Florida. It's the same advert I have seen before.

In fact it is the same advert that you posted on a thread about last July QPS. .

Edited by daiB

How can it be a false rumour it is on a current website with a current price. You make out you are an expert and you know nothing and certainly not what goes on in Carnival boardrooms.

Neither do you.

This advert has got nothing to do with Carnival. It is a speculator. None of the ships on the site are named.

It was rubbish in July as other people pointed out and it was rubbish when it first came to light years ago.

Carnival will not advertise the sale of any of their ships it will be put in the hands of brokers and for your information I am not talking about the advert on QPS the one I am referring to is on a different website. It is common practice when selling anything of this nature or anything of similar nature that they do not give full details in the advert for fairly obvious reasons.

Carnival will not advertise the sale of any of their ships it will be put in the hands of brokers and for your information I am not talking about the advert on QPS the one I am referring to is on a different website. It is common practice when selling anything of this nature or anything of similar nature that they do not give full details in the advert for fairly obvious reasons.

Which is?

Now now children do please stop squabbling.

Dai if you are privy to Carnival UK boardroom information then please provide it to prove to Tom that the advert is spurious, otherwise surely he is entitled to comment on it on the forum.

Now now children do please stop squabbling.

Dai if you are privy to Carnival UK boardroom information then please provide it to prove to Tom that the advert is spurious, otherwise surely he is entitled to comment on it on the forum.

He can comment away but, as you did last July, I can say he is wrong. You thought so back last year. Have you changed your mind.

My point is, why bring this up again, it just looks like stirring to me and I know that it upsets a number of people when this rumour is given more air.

I am definitely wrong and daiB is so important when Carnival board make company decisions they have to inform him and ask his permission first and keep him informed. When we sailed on Cunard's Caronia just before she was sold to Saga and became Saga Ruby we cruised on her and had a long discussion about her sale and was told by a high ranking officer it can take years and lengthy negotiations to sell a cruise ship. Also for obvious reasons these discussions are private and confidential. When we sailed on her it had already been sold to Saga but they then agreed to lease her back to Cunard to enable them to fulfill there cruise programme without disruption. daiB, whatever he thinks, or anyone else will have novprior knowledge of any ship placed for sale or whether negotiations atre taking place about a sale. I am sure even the Captain's of the ship would not be informed initially and when they are they would be under strict confidentiality. But never mind daiB knows best and has obviously been told its not for sale by his butler or a barman or perhaps while he was passing the time of day in the launderette because he knows everything about cruising or he thinks he does.

Personally Dai I have no concerns one way or the other about P&O selling Oriana, I doubt we will ever sail on her because of the very limited accessible accommodation.

But if someone finds some information on the web relevant to cruising, then surely it is appropriate for them to comment on it.

I don't really believe that Tom is a troll in this respect, although he can be a little tiresome sometimes, but no more so than you and I.

I am definitely wrong and daiB is so important when Carnival board make company decisions they have to inform him and ask his permission first and keep him informed. When we sailed on Cunard's Caronia just before she was sold to Saga and became Saga Ruby we cruised on her and had a long discussion about her sale and was told by a high ranking officer it can take years and lengthy negotiations to sell a cruise ship. Also for obvious reasons these discussions are private and confidential. When we sailed on her it had already been sold to Saga but they then agreed to lease her back to Cunard to enable them to fulfill there cruise programme without disruption. daiB, whatever he thinks, or anyone else will have novprior knowledge of any ship placed for sale or whether negotiations atre taking place about a sale. I am sure even the Captain's of the ship would not be informed initially and when they are they would be under strict confidentiality. But never mind daiB knows best and has obviously been told its not for sale by his butler or a barman or perhaps while he was passing the time of day in the launderette because he knows everything about cruising or he thinks he does.

Are you trying to be insulting or does it just come naturally.

I say again this advert is over 4 years old.i It was explained then that it is put there by speculators who are looking for business. This is not P&O or Carnival putting the ship up for sale.

This is 4/5/6 years old. Why bring it up again.

Personally Dai I have no concerns one way or the other about P&O selling Oriana, I doubt we will ever sail on her because of the very limited accessible accommodation.

But if someone finds some information on the web relevant to cruising, then surely it is appropriate for them to comment on it.

I don't really believe that Tom is a troll in this respect, although he can be a little tiresome sometimes, but no more so than you and I.

But John this is ancient news or rather Non news. As you yourself dismissed it last year I fail to see why it has been posted again. As I said earlier it upsets other people who read it and think it is true.

People can get worried about cruises they already have booked when they read stories about ships being offered for sale. Look what happened just before Christmas when a firm collapsed and people discovered their booked cruises were not going to go ahead. I too have read stories before about certain ships being up for sale, like Oriana, an old story. According to my son-in-law who is involved in shipping it is common practice for brokers to advertise ships they think may come up for sale and then if they get an interested party they then contact the ship's owner and see if they can broker a deal. They have not been commissioned by the owners. As Dai says this is a very old story about Oriana which surfaces every so often.

My thread was not started by me to cause trouble as insinuated by daiB. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors of major companies and decisions taken by executives until announcements are made sometimes months later. It seems strange that Oriana is advertised on 2 websites and the one I have seen and was referring too was not the same one that daiB mentioned.

Once again if my thread has upset or caused distress to anyone then I unreservedly apologise to anyone as this was not the intention of my thread. The selling of cruise ships is obviously a very long and protracted out business and for very obvious reasons no company would announce that a cruise ship is for sale until contracts had been signed and exchanged for the very obvious reason it could take a long period of time and in the mean time could cause a drop in sale of cruises on that particular ship that is why there would be company confidentiality.

I think Annie has given you the answer. As I said speculators not Carnival as P&O would not have much to do with it.

One advert to my knowledge has been there 5 year. Not exactly working.

The ship will in my opinion be with P&O for at least 4/5 years as she has just had the major refit, which happens every 5 years.

The worry that some people have is that she would not be replaced with a (small ship) as no one seems to be building that type now.

The one I thought may be a possibility would be a clone of a HA ship which they are building now of around 100,000 tonnes.

One of the plus points that P&O has is the range of ships available. Now of course added to by the reintroduction of Adonia.

I have no idea whether this is 'fake news' or not. I guess that Oriana will be sold off at some stage, but probably not until at least 2020 when the new ship is launched. The thing that caught my interest was the asking price (if true) which is several times what the ship cost to build in the first place! I know that you have to factor in inflation over 22 years, but that would still be a tidy return on investment - even before you factor in the 22 years worth of profit generated from cruise revenue. That's a good business model. Wish I'd bought shares when we first cruised on Oriana in 1996.