Dubai cruise - ID needed in ports?

CruiseIreland

Calling those who have sailed this itinerary on Fantasia recently(you know who you are)! I understand the ship holds our passports for the duration of the cruise. If so, what do you carry on shore for ID? Ken

PS: l would love to read your views of the cruise, food in MDR and entertainment in theatre and around the ship, favourite bars and bar staff, any other info and what about Sir Bani Yas? How was it?

TIA, Ken.

Just back from this cruise, and no ID needed in any of the ports :)

My first MSC cruise and absolutely loved every second - treated myself to the Yacht Club and it was truly wonderful :D

Shows are not my thing, so can't comment on that I'm afraid.

You're given landing cards in the ports where required, Ken.

Peteukmcr is writing a terrific live review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2466844

I've been sharing some of my thoughts about last week's cruise on the thread - I don't write reviews as you know. I find it easier to just answer any questions someone may have.

I always make a copy of the picture page of our passports, reduced to credit card size and laminated. Have used them to show to the police when boarding a Costa ship in Barcelona with no problem. Also handy when using a credit card in some countries where ID is required.

Thanks Bea. I am reading Pete's excellent review as he posts it! I guess I am now anxious for any and all information I can get before Friday! What did you think of Sir Bani Yas, Bea?

I didn't go to the island, Ken. It was a very hazy day and I'm not a beach person. A couple we knew did the Jeep safari and enjoyed it but felt the rest of the island experience was a waste. We've done a private island trip before and had decided to give this one a miss.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I always make a copy of the picture page of our passports, reduced to credit card size and laminated. Have used them to show to the police when boarding a Costa ship in Barcelona with no problem. Also handy when using a credit card in some countries where ID is required.

Good idea!