Transferring a reservation made directly with Celebrity to a TA

parkridge

Can those with the following experience please tell me what ultimately was the final result:

1) You make a reservation directly with Celebrity, book Choice Air and then find out a TA has a much better deal re: perks.

2) Choice Air tells you that a transfer of the reservation will transfer the air portion

3) Celebrity says it will not, a cancellation penalty is required.

Just asking for some insight since 2 1/2 hours on the phone did not

Can those with the following experience please tell me what ultimately was the final result:

1) You make a reservation directly with Celebrity, book Choice Air and then find out a TA has a much better deal re: perks.

2) Choice Air tells you that a transfer of the reservation will transfer the air portion

You can transfer to a TA within 60 days of booking or before final payment, whichever comes first.

I can't imagine why your air would be jeopardized on a TA transfer, so I'm at a loss on that issue. Is Celebrity telling you the air portion will be cancelled with the transfer?

Tell the TA you are considering transferring the reservation to that you will be pleased to transfer it to them if they can work it out to your satisfaction. Let them be the one on the phone for hours. That's what they are there for.

To all who responded , the precise issue here was if you make a reservation directly with Celebrity and also make Choice Air reservations , and then wish to transfer the reservation to a TA within 60 days of the first booking, will Celebrity let you transfer both to the TA so that you have the additional perks from the TA and incur no Air Choice penalties even if there is no change in the flights.

The answer is no. If you transfer to the TA for the perks, you must cancel the reservation, including Air Choice and incur a $600 penalty for Air Choice.

The problem is that if you call Air Choice in advance you get a different answer

Tell the TA you are considering transferring the reservation to that you will be pleased to transfer it to them if they can work it out to your satisfaction. Let them be the one on the phone for hours. That's what they are there for.

Good answer!

Given the misdirection of Celebrity and Choice Air, I am reluctant to do anything but applaud the TA.

In the future, I am tempted to request any response from them in writing

This comes from an Elite Plus member whose first cruise was on the Horizon

Suggest you try another tactic. Take a screen shot of what additional perks the ta is offering and send it to Celebrity with the request that the resolutions department offer you the same perks the ta would provide. If they agree to meet what the ta offers, you keep your reservation with Celebrity and keep control over your booking.

Think of this solution as a they win you win outcome. Celebrity customer service will instruct you where to send the screen shot. Good Luck.

Thanks for your thoughts but Celebrity and Choice Air maintain I must cancel my current reservation , incur a $600 Air Choice penalty, to take advantage of the TA additional perks , which, at least to me, are significant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a good email address for Celebrity management to relay concerns about the product?

As said before, my wife and I have been cruising with Celebrity since the time of the Horizon and Zenith.

I really enjoy the line as evidenced by the fact we are in the Elite Plus category looking toward Zenith.

My intent is not to necessarily complain, but identify actual misstatements from the reservations staff, promises to call back never fulfilled ( Vivian and Jennifer you should save the tapes ) and general unhelpful manner.

I will continue to cruise with Celebrity because I know once on board it is great.