Inside staterooms on the Dream

twokids0204

We are a family of 4. We've never done an inside stateroom, and have found the balconies on the carnival ship in the past to be adequate for us all without feeling to crowded.

How are the inside staterooms that accommodate 4.

Anyone have pics of the room configuration when you've had 2 kids and 2 adults?

If you look at the specs for the rooms, you will find the actual rooms are the same size in most cases (184-187 sqft). You should have the same experience unless you find the few cases where the interiors are smaller. Like, some Spa interiors on some ships are much smaller.

I have done both with a family of 4 and, with the inside cabin, if you are pushing your bottoms beds together to be able to sleep with your spouse, there is really no room to move around much. The beds are put together in the middle with the bunks hanging down from each side. However, if you leave the beds as twins separated to each side of the wall just underneath the bunks, you have more floor area to move around. Balcony OR Ocean View had more movement space for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rachella has it completely correct: a family of four in an inside can cope well by using two singles and the two bunks from the ceiling - and send some individuals to the Spa/gm to shower, if needed.

After a parent on a lower bed hits their head once or twice, that parent will thereafter remember to duck!

The bunks lowered from the ceiling over the double bed in the middle results in misery for movement...far too little available space.

We are a family of 4. We've never done an inside stateroom, and have found the balconies on the carnival ship in the past to be adequate for us all without feeling to crowded.

How are the inside staterooms that accommodate 4.

Anyone have pics of the room configuration when you've had 2 kids and 2 adults?

Inside rooms are 170 sq ft so very crowded for 4 people.

If you look at the specs for the rooms, you will find the actual rooms are the same size in most cases (184-187 sqft). You should have the same experience unless you find the few cases where the interiors are smaller. Like, some Spa interiors on some ships are much smaller.

Inside rooms are 170 sq ft .

Personally for the hubby and I we love a nice inside room because its nice and dark and that is how we like to sleep ... So it's the perfect amount of space

We also have 2 children we occassionally travel with and honestly even a balcony can find us crowded - As someone mentioned if you leave it as twins that would be okay I think ... Personally I look at the cost of an additional room ... On one trip with the OBC the line gave out at the time it was cheaper to get 2 rooms - On the cruise ship I planned for this upcoming christmas I opted to pay the $400 extra so that the hubby and I could have our privacy and got 2 side by side spa rooms ... And this actually works in our favor because now hubby can get cheers without me having to pay for it as i don't drink enough to justify the cost nor does he drink enough to make up the difference

Personally for the hubby and I we love a nice inside room because its nice and dark and that is how we like to sleep ... So it's the perfect amount of space

We also have 2 children we occassionally travel with and honestly even a balcony can find us crowded - As someone mentioned if you leave it as twins that would be okay I think ... Personally I look at the cost of an additional room ... On one trip with the OBC the line gave out at the time it was cheaper to get 2 rooms - On the cruise ship I planned for this upcoming christmas I opted to pay the $400 extra so that the hubby and I could have our privacy and got 2 side by side spa rooms ... And this actually works in our favor because now hubby can get cheers without me having to pay for it as i don't drink enough to justify the cost nor does he drink enough to make up the difference

This makes sense!

Thanks

I have done both with a family of 4 and, with the inside cabin, if you are pushing your bottoms beds together to be able to sleep with your spouse, there is really no room to move around much. The beds are put together in the middle with the bunks hanging down from each side. However, if you leave the beds as twins separated to each side of the wall just underneath the bunks, you have more floor area to move around. Balcony OR Ocean View had more movement space for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks you...