Bouchard Gardens???

kacurl

Thinking to do tour with CVS tours to the gardens. We are in Victoria from 1pm until 11. They pick up in front of Empress hotel. How long to get from pier to hotel?? Think I would be nervous to book the 2 pm tour. Would probably do the 3 pm tour. That should be OK right?? Everyone says ships tour is not long enough CVS says we can return any time as there are many buses. Then would like a little time downtown.. Thanks n advance everybody. Cathy PS. Roughly how long does it take from hotel to gardens?? Heading out for the day so decided to ask my cc friends . I was online all day yesterday looking up Alaska info!!!!!

Researching this too although not planning on doing the gardens while there since we live so close and can make a weekend of it anytime. About 1.5 mile walk from pier to Empress but I believe there are shuttle options. The gardens are 11 miles from downtown so figure 20-30 minutes each way.

It's at least 30mins drive time, more likely 40min as there are a few bottlenecks for traffic - and a cruiseship rolling in tends to mean a lot of buses all trying to get to Butchart in a fairly short space of time.

CVS do offer a connecting shuttle, but it's poor value - if walking doesn't seem on the cards take a taxi for the same price (~$10). Docking at 1pm the 2pm tour will be fine - your immigration paperwork is done in advance, so unless you get called to meet somewhere for a chat with CBSA you'll be able to just walk off very quickly - and even on foot you could be downtown outside the Empress as early as 1:30pm.