Cheers package

poke315

I booked a cruise on the Vista out of Galveston.. I looked into the Cheers package and read that cruises leaving out of Texas cannot activate the package till day 2... but when I did the math, Carnival is still charging for the full 7 days.... has anyone else run into this?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Forums mobile app

You need to figure in the 15% gratuity, it is not reflected in the pricing or itemized receipt but is included in the total amount.

Pre-purchased online for Breeze, $49.95 for 6 days + gratuity for 2 people was $689.32

$49.95 x 6 = $299.70

15% = $44.96

Total = $344.66 per person

You need to figure in the 15% gratuity, it is not reflected in the pricing or itemized receipt but is included in the total amount.

Pre-purchased online for Breeze, $49.95 for 6 days + gratuity for 2 people was $689.32

$49.95 x 6 = $299.70

15% = $44.96

How refreshing to read a clear and concise answer. Thank you!

So they charge for disembarkation day too?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nope. Embarkation yes if it's allowed in that port. Galveston you can't buy it until day 2 so OP was thinking 50 * 6 = 300. He was actually charged about $345 because it's really 57.50 x 6 when you figure in the 15% grats.

$49.95 x 6 = $299.70

15% = $44.96

We are booked on the Vista out of Galveston next year and we just booked cheers and this is the exact price we were charged....6 days only (which doesn't include the day we leave).

Think of your cruise as nights...so 4 @ $49.95 + 15% gratuity.

I rounded up to about $230 per person for your cruise.

If you buy prior to cruise, it's about $57.44 (grat included) times nights. Miami does not have the liquor laws that some of the ports have.

Sorry I'm still confused, so on a m-f cruise, what would the charge be? I'm on Victory out of Miami if this helps.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. You get off on Saturday. You are not charged for Saturday.

If you buy it online ahead of time, it's $49.95 plus .15% tax. That equals $57.44 per day. Multiply that by 5 days - that equals $287.21 per person. Two people equals $574.43.

If you buy it once you are onboard, the per day price changes to $54.95. Same calculations.

Miami is not one of those ports where you can't buy it until the second day. So you can use it as soon as you board the ship. Go to the atrium bar and order a drink. If you buy it in advance, the bartender will see that you have it when they go to ring your drink, then you will get the Cheers sticker. No need to ask for it.

If you buy prior to cruise, it's about $57.44 (grat included) times nights. Miami does not have the liquor laws that some of the ports have.

If you're replying to the post right above yours, A Monday - Friday cruise is 5 nights. Monday (1), Tuesday (2), Wednesday (3), Thursday (4), Friday (5). You get off on day 6.

Thank you for the quick reply. So should I buy it prior to boarding or once we leave Miami? Whichever saves me money.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. You get off on Saturday. You are not charged for Saturday.

If you buy it online ahead of time, it's $49.95 plus .15% tax. That equals $57.44 per day. Multiply that by 5 days - that equals $287.21 per person. Two people equals $574.43.

If you buy it once you are onboard, the per day price changes to $54.95. Same calculations.

Miami is not one of those ports where you can't buy it until the second day. So you can use it as soon as you board the ship. Go to the atrium bar and order a drink. If you buy it in advance, the bartender will see that you have it when they go to ring your drink, then you will get the Cheers sticker. No need to ask for it.

Awesome, thank you. Just saw this.

If you're replying to the post right above yours, A Monday - Friday cruise is 5 nights. Monday (1), Tuesday (2), Wednesday (3), Thursday (4), Friday (5). You get off on day 6.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a 4 or 5 night cruise.