Possible visit to New York before a late flight

penaddict

Will have a late flight after a cruise. Flying out of Newark. Is it possible to check our bags and take a train or the like into the city to do a little exploring? Flight isn't until about 9:30 p.m. and will be off the ship by about 10 a.m. at the latest.

Thanks!

Will have a late flight after a cruise. Flying out of Newark. Is it possible to check our bags and take a train or the like into the city to do a little exploring? Flight isn't until about 9:30 p.m. and will be off the ship by about 10 a.m. at the latest.

Thanks!

There is no good solution to this problem. How much money are you willing to spend? One possibility is car service to Schwartz Travel in Manhattan, check bags, hang out in NYC, pick up luggage and take airport bus back to EWR. This would be in the $150+ range. Accessible public transit into NYC is also an option.

I hate to mention this possibility because I haven't been able to verify the current status, but there was (and it was recently reported by someone who isn't a regular here that there once again is) a luggage storage service on the lower lever of EWR Terminal C, the main United terminal, near baggage carousel #1.

If the luggage storage service is currently available you could take the shared shuttle from Cape Liberty to EWR, store your bags, and then take the AirTrain and NJ Transit train into NY Penn Station, or the express bus from EWR to Manhattan, and return by either of those methods at the end of the day.

I found this comment on Flyertalk:

"OK just dropped off a couple of bags at the EWR baggage storage between Carousels 1&2 in Terminal C baggage claim - It's called Luggage Services and Logistics. For Standard luggage it's $10 first piece and $5 send piece per calendar day (not 24 hrs). The desk is open from 8am to 10pm but I'm told you can collect your luggage at least up to 1am in the morning if you call the warehouse. Tel:908-290-3068 but there will apparently be a little wait. Exciting Stuff!!"

This is from Oct 2016.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1627197-bag-storage-1.html

Is this the same thing? Saw this post on Trip Advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g46671-i866-k660580-o70-Luggage_storage_at_Newark_Airport-Newark_New_Jersey.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes...but there's still conflicting information about whether the storage service is available to everyone, or only United Airlines passengers.