South Pointe Park - can I walk to South Beach?

TrqoisWtrs

I always fly into Miami a day early and sometimes I'll go over to South Pointe Park to watch the ships leave. I'm wondering if its safe/walkable to go over to South Beach? (Google says its 30 min.) I've never been there and wanted to check out the restaurants and shops, grab a cocktail.:cocktail: Is there anything worth seeing on the walk over or should I just grab a ride? Figured I could rub elbows with the rich and famous. ha :p

Thanks for any tips on that, or good restaurants, sights to see, etc.

Depends on where you want to go. SPP is technically in SoBe. So you can walk to where ever you want. Getting to SPP, from a hotel, take a taxi or Uber.

Tons of restaurants in all price ranges: depend son what you want to eat. find a restaurant guide like Yelp, or TA. For a cocktail, Wet Willies on Ocean has a gazillion flavors of daiquiris. Caffe Tramonto on Washingotn or the Clevelander on Ocean are also fun choices. Drinks in SoBe can be expensive.

What did you put in as "South Beach" for the directions. The park is in South Beach. Now the park is "South of 5th" which is more residential with condos and apartments, and some upper scale restaurants. Ocean Drive, the Ocean Drive where the hotel and bars in art deco buildings are is right there, about 10-15 min walk. Get a drink somewhere but do not eat there. Lots of better options in other parts of Miami Beach. Miami Beach is not very big, very easy to then walk over to Lincoln Road after strolling down Ocean Drive.

We love to grab drinks at Montys. The garage parking for Montys and the marina is probably the only free parking in South Beach.

We also like Smith & Wollensky for its amazing views. The outdoor bar and upstairs deck bars are very nice.

I'm not sure if you'd recognize the famous as they are there with their families. Just saw Chris Martin of Coldplay recently and he looked like any other dad with his kids.

The Delano pool bar (and pool) and the bar at the SLS are good places to see famous people. The Delano is for hotel guests only but if you are dressed well/appropriately they will serve you. Just walk past the signs.