Cabins show available online, NCL reps can't see them...

MellyMel612

I have been watching our cruise hoping to change our cabins. For a while the balcony cabins were "sold out" Over the past few days approx 15-20 cabins in the category I want will show as available for a couple days. Then they disappear, usually when the current promo changes in some way (i.e., the OBC just added). Then they come back.

I've called both times they've started showing up but the phone reps can't see them. The website let's me go through the entire booking process and I stop just short of paying a deposit. Our 90 days is next Tuesday and I've paid for about the half the cruise so I don't want to book new rooms and then have to deal with the refund on the original cabins.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any suggestions? :o

I have been watching our cruise hoping to change our cabins. For a while the balcony cabins were "sold out" Over the past few days approx 15-20 cabins in the category I want will show as available for a couple days. Then they disappear, usually when the current promo changes in some way (i.e., the OBC just added). Then they come back.

I've called both times they've started showing up but the phone reps can't see them. The website let's me go through the entire booking process and I stop just short of paying a deposit. Our 90 days is next Tuesday and I've paid for about the half the cruise so I don't want to book new rooms and then have to deal with the refund on the original cabins.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any suggestions? :o

Place a courtesy hold on the cabin you want (When you get to the payment page it is 1 of the options) and call NCL and have them release the hold and apply it to your booking.

Thanks for your reply. I made one more call this afternoon before placing the hold and finally they were seeing the same cabins I could see. I didn't know about the hold option so next time I'll know what to do!

Thanks again!

during the online booking process, if you accidentally click on a room and go the end of the booking page that room is still reserved and is taken out of inventory for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. you will have to wait for the system to update itself for that room to be free again

during the online booking process, if you accidentally click on a room and go the end of the booking page that room is still reserved and is taken out of inventory for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. you will have to wait for the system to update itself for that room to be free again

There were 15 available rooms and they couldn't see a single one of them for 3 days.