Harmony water slides in Splashaway Bay for kids??

We're going on Harmony in September with my girls who will be 4 and 8. Never thought there would be such high height restrictions for the kids waterslides in splashaway bay! I got them all hyped up showing them how cool the water park is there (Allure's wasn't good) and now they both probably can't go on the yellow slide and only my 8 year old will be able to go on the purple one. Disappointed as they play together and my 4 year old will not be happy not being able to go on the slides! They have both done much crazier ones already, these look really easy and not very inclined so I'm very surprised by the height restrictions. Can someone confirm what they are and if RCI is strict about it? Do they have someone there checking heights of each kid at the top of each one??

1465249169_HM-Splashaway-Bay-Broll-thumb.jpg

While I can't speak specifically to that peparticular slide I know that they are very particular about heights for other slides and attractions. I've seen kids denied the wristband for use of the flowrider because they were an eight of an inch short.

I get 48" for the big slides and have seen that info, but the ones in splashaway bay are 48"?? My almost 8 year old is barely 45" but has been on way scarier slides, including all of them on ncl escape (except the drop slide)!

I am thinking the height restriction is for the BIG slides. After all, the reason for these slides are for the smaller kids. I am betting there is no restriction on these.

That's what I was thinking, but heard from someone that was on with her kids that there are, I just can't get confirmation on what the heights are for that area.

The blue sign, which is at bottom of stairs leading up to slide, says 42" when you zoom in

Thank you! So that would be for the purple slide... wonder if yellow is the same. I heard that had a higher height requirement.

Thank you! So that would be for the purple slide... wonder if yellow is the same. I heard that had a higher height requirement.

Also 42" when zoomed in

edit: weird... I did zoom in with photobucket and it's clearly 42", however the full expanded photo is posted. Don't know why it did this, but I can confirm 100% that both slides, the signs say 42" in the red cricles.

P1101160_zpsvxs1xuab.jpg

I just got off of Harmony and often was sitting on a deck chair reading right near here while kids were going down the slides. It definitely depends who is standing at the top of the slide. Some of the staff were more lenient than others and parents were getting a bit upset about it when kids were allowed to go some days and not others. I found that if the parent was there watching, most of the time the staff just let the kids go down, so unless that changes in the next couple weeks I wouldn't worry too much about it. They do measure with a pole at the top but very inconsistently and honestly, some of the kids going down looked as young as my 4 year old who was at home.

On Liberty a year ago heights for the slides were for 42" and 45". I'd assume something similar. I had a 4 year old and a 9 year old and it wasn't a big deal as the staircase was the same and they'd meet at the bottom. There the staff was constantly checking height and would give kids a wristband so they knew who could go on which slide. It may have changed and it might change with each ship.

It is very silly as my then 4 year old has done much higher slides and spent an hour going down the slides at when we stopped at Playa Mia in Cozumel to get her slide fix in.

Thank you everyone! Just got back on to check this... I measured my almost 4 year old and she still has 5" to grow to go down these slides... maybe by sept? haha

I'm still just so surprised at that high height limit, the slides seem so easy. Oh well.. thanks again.

Glad someone posted about this area as we'll be taking the 4yo who is just at the 42" height. Would be huge disappointment if she was just under, but now we'll be ready if the staff says no go.

Is that a hot tub also in this area? Are kids allowed as well?

Edited by cruisetimeforme

Thanks! One more thing, what's the floor surface like, wondering if it's super slippery? I ask because on last cruise with 3yo at the time, the kids pool area was more dangerous than the adult area. It was an older ship and different cruise line, but still was surprising to us at the time. We're sailing in May on the Harmony

• 1 month later...

I'm still just so surprised at that high height limit, the slides seem so easy.

I agree! The Liberty of the Seas has the same height restrictions for their Splashaway Bay. My 3 1/2 year old was totally bummed that she couldn't join her 5 year old sister on the slides. I rode both myself and thought they were extremely tame and even a young 3 year old could probably handle them without issues. The Splashaway Bay was always staffed by 2 people who checked heights and handed out wristbands.

• 1 year later...