New to Celebrity - Frugal Diamond RC Cruisers Trying Reflection

Crism

That is scummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure what the definition of Scummy is. Rather I think it was smart. Do you think what she did affected you? Maybe you feel your "Elite" status was diminished? i actually said she was Diamond, but in fact she is "Plus".

I'm not sure what the definition of Scummy is. Rather I think it was smart. Do you think what she did affected you? Maybe you feel your "Elite" status was diminished? i actually said she was Diamond, but in fact she is "Plus".

I do not feel my "elite" status was diminished. But I do think what she did was an entitled move - apparently she feels very elite to the rest of the world. And that is scummy.

I don't know what you mean by "companion", but on celebrity your spouse/significant other gets the same status as you.

Not true, if someone does it is a mistake. You are allowed to go to functions with the other person but you are not supposed to get the same status.

Not true, if someone does it is a mistake. You are allowed to go to functions with the other person but you are not supposed to get the same status.

And yet my husband is Diamond on Royal because he automatically received my status therefore he is Elite on Celebrity. It would make sense if they had the same policy regarding spouses/significant others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As an elite you will also be invited to a free wine tasting which is excellent and a formal high tea which I enjoyed very much. We don't gamble but since we receive 3 $5 match play coupons we go to the roulette table and use them. If we lose $15 each so be it but we have also come away with $35 in winnings! I know this is not a fortune but it was fun and I did say we are not gamblers :D

As an elite you will also be invited to a free wine tasting which is excellent and a formal high tea which I enjoyed very much. We don't gamble but since we receive 3 $5 match play coupons we go to the roulette table and use them. If we lose $15 each so be it but we have also come away with $35 in winnings! I know this is not a fortune but it was fun and I did say we are not gamblers :D

I didn't know about the wine tasting. I'm going to have to pay more attention to the dailies on our next cruise.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear about my post...if one person (me) makes new status (in my case it was elite plus), my wife also becomes elite plus even though she had only enough points to just be elite.

It wasn't a mistake, it is they way it is.

I'm just not sure if that also applies if they are not actually legally married.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear about my post...if one person (me) makes new status (in my case it was elite plus), my wife also becomes elite plus even though she had only enough points to just be elite.

It wasn't a mistake, it is they way it is.

I'm just not sure if that also applies if they are not actually legally married.

Not true, unless this is a VERY new policy. I am one cruise ahead of my wife. I was Elite + last June. She was still Elite. I can assure you we are legally married. She will now be Elite + on our cruise next month.

I have never heard of a spouse automatically getting the same status. Only the rule that if they are in the same stateroom they are officially invited to the events and sometimes get the same paper coupons by mistake.

If this happened to you / your spouse (and I have no reason to doubt that it did) I would agree with Don that it was a lucky mistake / accident.

Mike

And yet my husband is Diamond on Royal because he automatically received my status therefore he is Elite on Celebrity. It would make sense if they had the same policy regarding spouses/significant others.

Different situation, your husband is Diamond on Royal, therefore Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity's computers don't care how he made Diamond on Royal, that's not their policy. Celebrity does not make the spouse automatically equal. You are right though, it should be consistent.

Different situation, your husband is Diamond on Royal, therefore Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity's computers don't care how he made Diamond on Royal, that's not their policy. Celebrity does not make the spouse automatically equal. You are right though, it should be consistent.

Yes! It feels like Royal cruisers have an advantage that loyal Celebrity cruisers do not.

Yes! It feels like Royal cruisers have an advantage that loyal Celebrity cruisers do not.

You mean Royal cruisers' spouses have and advantage that that loyal Celebrity cruisers' spouses do not. ;)

I have a friend who is Diamond on RCCL. She was traveling with a recent "companion" and told Royal she needed him to be Diamond or she would cancel. He became an instant Diamond member.

Our best friends are engaged. The male was Diamond on RCCL. He wanted to add his fiance to Diamond for our recent Jewel cruise. He was told, "I'm sorry, but you can't do this until you are married." My friend threw out the words "domestic partner" and they backtracked, apologized and immediately made her Diamond. The rules are absolutely not consistent.

Wow, this went off track quickly.

In December we were on the Eclipse for 10 nights and never once ate at the buffet (OK, grabbed some cheese after an excursion). And like you we do not got to the Specialty restaurants.

Point is there is a lot to eat around the ship that was covered in the responses on the first page. Don't rule out room service. We got it almost everyday for breakfast and many days for lunch/snack. The Aqua Spa Café is often overlooked but great for light meals.

Someone also asked bout and special deals for the Specialty restaurants. Yes they have them and the price varies. You'll see tables when you board, just ask.

Enjoy your cruise.