Got my upgrade offer today

traveler2100

My NCL home page had the "Let's get you upgraded" link today.

1st time this has showed up

I did make an offer using the slider that put the odds right at fair instead of poor.

This would take me to a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with an H-6 category. I know it's a long shot but I wasn't denied yet.

So, just curious if this strategy seems worthwhile?

and what more would I really be entitled to with a Haven designation?

what can I really expect next? other than uncontrolled laughter from NCL for being such a tightwad

I'm on the 5/13 sailing in a Haven Aft Penthouse... you get everything that the Haven offers except your not physically in the Haven....but it's a great room....actually 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms and a huge balcony

My NCL home page had the "Let's get you upgraded" link today.

1st time this has showed up

I did make an offer using the slider that put the odds right at fair instead of poor.

This would take me to a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with an H-6 category. I know it's a long shot but I wasn't denied yet.

So, just curious if this strategy seems worthwhile?

and what more would I really be entitled to with a Haven designation?

what can I really expect next? other than uncontrolled laughter from NCL for being such a tightwad

On or about the 9th of May, your credit card will be charged and you will get an email with your winning bid.

We just sailed. I offered $550, so it would have been $1,100 total (1st and second guess) but we had 4 in our group. I didn't think this was far fetched as we had previously upgraded at a total of 1,200. We were denied, no big deal. My buddy put in 1,000 for the same thing and got it. I was told that even though ours was 100 more, he only had two in his group, so it was more profitable to accept his bid. At least they were honest. If you get it, great, enjoy, if not, you save a nice little bit.

I got the email today after lunch and nearly jumped out of my skin! Initially I was pretty excited at the prospect of bidding on the Garden Villa but the email listed us as currently having booked in a lower Haven category. (Which is not true btw) But I think there must be some sort of computer glitching going on or maybe they are surveying who, and how much people may be willing to pay? Because when I followed the link, the minimum bid I could put in was $750 pp for the Garden Villa. However, I didn't do it bc needed to talk to hubby. And at that time (4:30 pm est) our cruise wasn't listed on the NCL website or anyone else's for that matter. Like it literally did not exist. However, 3 hours later when I followed the link it now lists my correct cabin booking and NOW the minimum bid of the Garden villa is $1500 pp. AND get this - they listed my cabin (SC) now as an available upgrade to Cat HC (which doesn't exist on NCL website) with a $600 pp upgrade. So basically I would be able to stay in the cabin I booked but have access to the Haven for $2400 more. So I called our NCL inside sales person (who is a sweetheart and we've been working with him for years now) and he had no idea that all those cabins are available. According to him, there's no available inventory for him to even sell in those categories right now. So what is REALLY going on here??

We got our email today. Personally I did not find it to be a good deal so I just deleted it. I did my research and if I booked today the difference in the two lowest suite cabins for total of 4 people is 900.00 well my starting bid had to be 800.00

I am happy with what I booked and I just hope they aren't overbooking or something crazy because NEVER before have I seen so many suites available this close to sailing..

The bidding site had a disclaimer that the actual price that you pay for the upgrade may vary due to the cost of your original booking.

Does this mean, if the price for your current category went up since you booked, you will pay more than the amount that you bid?

The bidding site had a disclaimer that the actual price that you pay for the upgrade may vary due to the cost of your original booking.

Does this mean, if the price for your current category went up since you booked, you will pay more than the amount that you bid?

Appears the prices are automatically adjusted on the scale they give you bid on. Whatever you bid will be what you pay for 1st and 2nd passengers if accepted. Exactly how it happened for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are 71 days out on the Dawn, Boston to Bermuda and I received and offer yesterday afternoon "Let's get you upgraded"

I am booked for an inside cabin and made a bid for either an Ocean view or Balcony room. I know they say it can happen up to two day's before, I am wondering how long the average response time is? We are sailing for our 25th Anniversary and that would be a great bonus!

We're 71 days out cruising on the Dawn & got our offer today. I made a low bid on an aft facing penthouse which I don't expect to be accepted. We're booked in a mid-ship mini and have no problem staying where we are but it's always worth a shot.........

We're 71 days out cruising on the Dawn & got our offer today. I made a low bid on an aft facing penthouse which I don't expect to be accepted. We're booked in a mid-ship mini and have no problem staying where we are but it's always worth a shot.........

Cruising on the dawn in June.... come back and let us know how you made out :)

We are 71 days out on the Dawn, Boston to Bermuda and I received and offer yesterday afternoon "Let's get you upgraded"

I am booked for an inside cabin and made a bid for either an Ocean view or Balcony room. I know they say it can happen up to two day's before, I am wondering how long the average response time is? We are sailing for our 25th Anniversary and that would be a great bonus!

From what I've read seems 3-4 days notice is typical. We heard Wed. for this Sunday's departure, which was a day sooner than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

workingmom....we are on the June 9 cruise too! Wonder if we'll get the upgrade offer soon....

I am not certain where I saw this, but 80 days prior to your sailing is when the offer pops up if your ship is on that program. Not all ships are on the bidding yet; some you have to call the upsell 800# still.

We got ours exactly at 80 days to departure. :) Crossing fingers for you. We are on the Breakaway May 28.