RCI & Universal Studios package

Tried searching but didn't find much about the arrangement RCI has with Universal Studios. I'll do my own homework once the '18 itineraries are released but wondering if booking both aspects of the trip with RCI has saved anyone a few bucks? I like the idea of not having to book separate ground transpiration but I'm not willing to pay much of a premium when Uber/Mears are so easy to book.

Thanks!

Tried searching but didn't find much about the arrangement RCI has with Universal Studios. I'll do my own homework once the '18 itineraries are released but wondering if booking both aspects of the trip with RCI has saved anyone a few bucks? I like the idea of not having to book separate ground transpiration but I'm not willing to pay much of a premium when Uber/Mears are so easy to book.

Thanks!

On my recent Grandeur cruise, (last week), they only offered transportation to the theme parks and not tickets themselves. I think they were 40/person. Carnival seems to offer them, but they were one park tickets and about 190/person.

Found it more expensive and you could only book 4 days at universal (hard rock), you have to phone rci to enquire/book.

We booked separately - still to organise transfers to Pc but booked Cortrans from Pc to airport for $20each on shuttle

Depending on your port times, Universal will be tough to do all in one day with both parks. If you want to do it, order tickets online ahead of time, saves $20 per over buying at the gate, and get Park to park. I would at least price out a one day car rental. Even paying the $20 parking it's nice to travel on your own time if you're willing.

The drive is probably just over an hour. If you can make it work, it is a great time!

Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344667

See my post (#12)

From my experience, the cost savings was like getting the transportation for free. From the fine print ***..."The package is booked as a pre/post hotel. Once booked, all elements of the package are included (hotel stay, theme park tickets and transfers for the Port Canaveral sailings). Transfers included on ships that sail out of Port Canaveral."

This is the link found at the Bottom of the Royal Caribbean Homepage:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=universal_main

Two vacations

one amazing journey

Royal Caribbean® has teamed up with Universal Orlando Resort™ for an exclusive vacation package you won’t find on any other cruise line, featuring Universal’s imaginative parks plus two Royal Caribbean fan favorites — the bold and innovative Oasis of the Seas® and the Majesty of the Seas.®.

What's included?

• 3/4-Night Bahamas or 4/5/7-Night* Eastern/Western Caribbean cruise onboard Royal Caribbean.
  • 2/3/4-Nights at Universal Orlando Resort™ including on-site hotel accommodations and Park-to-Park admission** to Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ during your stay. Stay in the heart of it all at an Universal Orlando™ on-site hotel and enjoy exclusive theme park benefits you won’t get by staying anywhere else
  • All transfers between the Orlando airport, Universal Orlando™, and your Royal Caribbean departure port***

Why should you book?

• Combine two amazing family experiences into one vacation
  • Save time and money compared to booking each separately

Thanks!

Are you talking about a pre- or post-cruise stay, or about a port of call at Port Canaveral?

Looking to spend 2-3 days pre-cruise and potentially take advantage of RCI's land & sea package, if it makes financial sense vs booking separate.

:)

Then it sounds like TM38Rob thinks that it was a good deal. ;)

When are you planning to cruise? Sometimes the hotels offer really good deals at lower census times. Plus staying in certain hotels gets you express passes included which are I think $75 each. I've never done this package with Royal because I live in Orlando, but I'm an annual pass holder with Universal so I get the emails. If you live in Fl they give resident rates on hotels and tickets certain times of the year. They do this with other states at times too plus sometimes they offer deals to nurses, police officers, military, EMTs. In fact, Sea World used to give free tickets to people who are/were in the military, but idk if they still do. And Disney at times gives good rates at the Swan and Dolphin for being nurses and I'm sure different services. We stayed there for $100/night just had to show our RN badges. I'd look at the price Royal offers and then look at the cost separately, which I know you'll do. Either way, I hope this helped a little and hope you have a great trip[emoji4]

Julie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

Just did 5 days/ 4 nites and a 7 nite Oasis of the Seas! I did it over the Easter Holidays. RCCL's prices were on the high end. I booked through AAA and stayed at the Holiday Inn closest to Universal Studios. Paid $885.00 King room, Universal Studios view AND got $75.00 spending from AAA. This package included 3-day park-to-park ticket AND Unlimited Fast Pass Express! We had a ball!!! Hotel was great!!!!!! TGIF is attached to hotel! They also offer free transportation to/from Hotel via schedule. You can also walk to Universal Studios which is about a 10 minute walk!! I'm already planning to go again in October this year for my birthday! I can't wait!! Keep in mind, I priced it in different places and AAA had the best! It also depends what time of year you are going!! Have fun!!