Library on the Oosterdam

Cats Meow2012

I was on the Oosterdam in Nov/Dec and it is in the starboard side aft of the Crows nest as stated.

Size and selection was pretty pathetic. Get there as early as you can before it is cleaned out.

We were on it in early November, and the selection was worse then pathetic. However, one of the officers told us that due to the number of complaints, HAL has ordered more books, so maybe the library will start looking like one by the time you board.

We were just on it and we were disappointed in the library (we had been on the Z just a few weeks before, so saw the difference right away.). If you can imagine what the original library area looked like, they took out the middle book cases, and instead, where the "Eames" type chairs were, they have a long row of comfortable chairs looking out to sea. The bookcases on the wall as you entered the library are still there, but, yes, pathetic. Not many books. The end of the library where the librarian used to be just has a cabinet of games and puzzles. A puzzle table is still there. Around the corner from the coffee area are still where travel books, magazines, map books, etc. are. I didn't mind the change actually, but there was room for more "good books" than they had. The paperback exchange was nonexistent...a dozen or so books. I'll try to post photos on the "facts of hal" page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just uploaded some photos of the library to the site that has lots of hal facts with photos. I forgot to mention also that there is no checking out or in of books...just take and bring back on the honor system. No librarian. (By the way also, if you like the Soduku or other puzzles that were always put out by the librarian, they are now available at the Front Desk.)