calls

Chrisp2017

best way is using the phone in your cabin to call. it is more expensive but provides better call quality. Depending on the ship, the ship internet/wifi can be horrible slow and not enough bandwidth for internet calling.

if it can wait, on a port day find a place that has free wifi and then use internet calling.

IS there a place I can make calls on the ship? is the best way to purchase a internet package and use internet calling? my toddler is staying home and want to make sure I can communicate with him :) :cool:

We use facetime audio and skype audio over the ship's wifi (we buy an unlimited package to stay in touch with work). It works most of the time. NCL is starting to pilot tiered internet service,,,, so it depends on what ship you are on. Streaming services require top tier internet (which will be pricey).

Most ships have iConcierge now. It can be used for free to get ship's information and make reservations. For a fee ($8ish), you can enable ship to shore calling @ $0.79 per minute.

The rates for calls from your cell phone onboard are determined by your mobile carrier. Our AT&T service charges $2.50 per minute (which is a standard international rate whether on ship or on shore without a package).

We use facetime audio and skype audio over the ship's wifi (we buy an unlimited package to stay in touch with work). It works most of the time. NCL is starting to pilot tiered internet service,,,, so it depends on what ship you are on. Streaming services require top tier internet (which will be pricey).

Most ships have iConcierge now. It can be used for free to get ship's information and make reservations. For a fee ($8ish), you can enable ship to shore calling @ $0.79 per minute.

The rates for calls from your cell phone onboard are determined by your mobile carrier. Our AT&T service charges $2.50 per minute (which is a standard international rate whether on ship or on shore without a package).

I'll be on the breakaway , I was thinkig the unlimited package but now concerned about the speed to ensure the calls actually go through

I just got off the Breakaway last week and the Internet was great - I was able to FaceTime video chat and stream Hulu! I prepaid for the full week of Internet before the tiered levels were introduced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums