Question about VEENDAM verandah bathroom outlet

mysticsailor

Normally on cruises we take a nightlight for use in the bathroom outlet. However on the Maasdam, same class as Veendam, the outlet was 'off' with the ceiling light.

Our solution for Maasdam nighttime bathroom trips, without the florescent light blast, was to use battery votive candles which had to be replaced often. Because the upcoming Veendam cruise is 49 days we hope to avoid the many necessary votives.

A big thanks to all you wonderful cruise critic members for sharing so much useful information.

Recently had 28 days on the Veendam and can't remember any bathroom outlets other than perhaps that overhead one for shavers only. Whether this operates only when the main bathroom light is on or not, I am sorry but I just do not know.

However, one suggestion is to use those battery operated "tea light" that look like small votive candles and just leave one or more on in the bathroom, so there is at least faint light available when you open the door.

In fact they use them in the Explorers Lounge to give an intimate candlelight look even in a large public room. You can easily find them online or party supplies shops or Bed Bath and Beyond type home decor outlets.

Instead of a nightlight, which is on all the time and will use quite a bit of battery life, why not just bring a small flashlight? Keep it on the nightstand, and take it with you for those middle of the night excursions. Just enough light to find your way, without fully waking you (or anyone else) up.

Instead of a nightlight, which is on all the time and will use quite a bit of battery life, why not just bring a small flashlight? Keep it on the nightstand, and take it with you for those middle of the night excursions. Just enough light to find your way, without fully waking you (or anyone else) up.

That's too easy! LOL. Yes, a flashlight makes more sense. You would of thought, after seeing my grandfather trecking out with a lantern late at night, I could have come up with that myself.

Thanks Ms. C., life can still be simple!