Back to Back Cruise Question!! =)

Auralee

We are sailing this coming Saturday the 18th as well as the following week of the 25th. Do we have to disembark between the 2 sailings?

If we do - Do we have to take our luggage?

We had considered doing an everglades tour -- but now realize that it would be a 6 hour commitment - and i think we'd rather relax on board.. But if we have to disembark - perhaps we will still consider it.

Looking for answers asap ! Thanks~ =)

Laura

we are changing rooms - booked late and had to take what was available - we have a room in the back/ aft the first week and a forward room the second - figured at least we will get a different feel for where on the ship we like best ( next time perhaps we will try mid).

So do you think they would move our luggage / or could we move our luggage and stay on the ship? or do we have to disembark and re-embark?

we are changing rooms - booked late and had to take what was available - we have a room in the back/ aft the first week and a forward room the second - figured at least we will get a different feel for where on the ship we like best ( next time perhaps we will try mid).

So do you think they would move our luggage / or could we move our luggage and stay on the ship? or do we have to disembark and re-embark?

It may depend on the ship you're sailing and the port you dis/reembark at. I did a b2b and just went to Guest Relations on the morning. They did all the paperwork and arranged for porters to assist with luggage transferral to the new cabin. It meant we had the use of the original cabin 'til at least lunchtime as we had to wait for the other one to be readied. There was no having to put cases out the night before as a result. I would suggest you ask at GR early on in the cruise so you can be prepared. There is usually information in the Daily Planner towards the end of the week regarding those doing b2bs as well.

We did a BTB on the Divina in Sept 2016. Notified the concierge that we were doing a BTB. We received two tickets in our room showing we were doing BTB. Stayed in the same room so we had no bag drag. We had to get off the ship and go through customs/immigration. Then into a waiting room for a short period of time and then back to the ship. We were told everyone had to get off the ship so we did. Sounds different than some of the replies above...

Thanks for the great feedback!! We will definately check in with concierge then early on first cruise to find out details. I think we will just stay close to the ship and save $ for other excursions which dont = as much travel time! 😉 thanks!!

Other than the MSC itineraries from and to US ports, B2B cruises are no sweat. Toward the end of the first cruise you'll be notified to come to reception (or concierge in YC) with your second cruise documents. Sometimes you'll get a new cruise card and your onboard account will close out and a new one will begin - but not always. If you're keeping the same cabin it's even easier. On changeover day you can go ashore and return when you want as a transit passenger.

It is usually pretty painless (let me be clear, I have no experience with MSC in Miami), but it depends on some unpredictable factors. For example, if you have some inconsiderate fellow b2bers that don't follow instructions and try to stay on board, that will delay the whole procedure for everyone. And you never know what surprises US immigration may have in store for you…

Thanks for the replies =). I am wanting to make the best use of the day - If we would have to be off for a few hours - it may be worthwhile to plan to catch a ride to the beach or check out Miami more -- but if it can be a fairly quick turn around to getting back on board to enjoy the pools ect. and just relax that may be preferred. Would like to know our options - but I will definitely check with the concierge desk for advice.

Thanks for all the responses =)