NCL Luggage Tags

nealjr

We just received our e-docs today and of course you have to print your luggage tags. Obviously the tags will be your standard "paper" material and I'm wondering how will the tags stay on during your flight and handling at the port prior to them hopefully getting to your room? What has people done to assure they don't get ripped off the suitcases??

Thanks

We just received our e-docs today and of course you have to print your luggage tags. Obviously the tags will be your standard "paper" material and I'm wondering how will the tags stay on during your flight and handling at the port prior to them hopefully getting to your room? What has people done to assure they don't get ripped off the suitcases??

Thanks

Before I bought luggage tag holders at Amazon I printed the luggage tags on poster board to make them more durable.

Do not put them on for the flight, just for the cruise.

Some folks do not print out their tags but simply have the steward at the port write their cabin number on luggage tags they have.

Amazon sells plastic sleeves for the paper tags. They are inexpensive and reusable!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just recently bought some plastic holders from the Cruise Critic online store. I haven't used them yet, but in 7 days from now, I will.

7 6,5,4,3,2,1 EMBARK!!!

Before I got the holders from amazon I would use clear package tape on both sides of the folded paper tags and would put them on once we arrived at the airport and picked up our luggage they have staplers at the cruise line kiosks.

Ditto. We have the cheap clear luggage tag holders that can be reused and since I didn't want to buy more for "extras," just print, wrap in clear packing tape and zip tie to bag handle when we get there. The nice thing about the clear reusable ones is you can put just your contact info in there when flying and then swap it out with the cruise tag when you get to your hotel or port. And yes, you could let the porters do this and I don't think there would be any difference. Just something about being "done with it all" and fun in preparation that we print our own.

Can't wait either. Just a few weeks. Have printed out plane, hotel and car service confirms; e-docs, amenities and reservations invoices; travel insurance details; and copies of passports, birth certificates, CCs and other relevant back up info. Now I'm just kind of pacing around the house!

Ditto. We have the cheap clear luggage tag holders that can be reused and since I didn't want to buy more for "extras," just print, wrap in clear packing tape and zip tie to bag handle when we get there. The nice thing about the clear reusable ones is you can put just your contact info in there when flying and then swap it out with the cruise tag when you get to your hotel or port. And yes, you could let the porters do this and I don't think there would be any difference. Just something about being "done with it all" and fun in preparation that we print our own.

Can't wait either. Just a few weeks. Have printed out plane, hotel and car service confirms; e-docs, amenities and reservations invoices; travel insurance details; and copies of passports, birth certificates, CCs and other relevant back up info. Now I'm just kind of pacing around the house!

Sounds like you have everything together!:cool:

We also bought the luggage tag inserts from Amazon, they work great. We put them on before we left our hotel room headed for the cruise terminal.

That is what we are going to do Thanks everyone for all of your comments! Good Sailing:D

Before I got the holders from amazon I would use clear package tape on both sides of the folded paper tags and would put them on once we arrived at the airport and picked up our luggage they have staplers at the cruise line kiosks.

We usually print them out, fold them, then put on package tape, too. We do NOT put them on until after we have flown (we usually travel the day prior to ensure we don't miss our ship!), usually in the morning just before we check out of our hotel and catch the taxi to the port. The hotel has always let us use a stapler at the front desk:D

We usually print them out, fold them, then put on package tape, too. We do NOT put them on until after we have flown (we usually travel the day prior to ensure we don't miss our ship!), usually in the morning just before we check out of our hotel and catch the taxi to the port. The hotel has always let us use a stapler at the front desk:D

If you follow the directions for folding the tags you print...there is no need for anything else.. they hold up well.. and are hard to take off.. if folded correctly... never had a problem and have always just folded.. never plastic and all that extra stuff. have done this many times...will be doing it again in May...hooray

Is there a benefit for printing your tags rather than just getting some from the porter

It will 100% of the time have the correct room number and routing. Easy for you and/or the porter to transpose a number, or have the handwritten number misinterpreted by a crew member and your bag is lost.

Actually, not lost, just sitting in the wrong hallway late into the evening.

We have used self-laminating film that you can get at a store like Walmart and it worked great .This time we're trying the clear plastic tag holders that I bought on Amazon . The ad tells you which cruise line tag the holder will fit.We'll see how that goes. Just don't tag your bags until you're done with any flights .

Before my first cruise, when I saw the need to print luggage tags, I knew (given my DH) it was a cinch bet they wouldn't make it to the port. lol I bought the cheap plastic holders from Amazon, put the labels in them at home, and packed them in my carry-on for the flight. When we got our luggage at FLL, I ripped off the flight tags and put on the plastic cruise tags. Worked perfectly and I didn't even need the extras I had brought along. I've already bought the different size we need for NCL in 2 months and plan to do the same thing again (although this time we are staying overnight before the cruise so switching tags will be more leisurely).

The advantage, to me, was in kinowing we had correct tags for our luggage that would be hard to have torn off by careless handling, and the luggage reached our room with no problems. Definitely worth the time and a few bucks to me. YMMV.

• 4 months later...
Before my first cruise, when I saw the need to print luggage tags, I knew (given my DH) it was a cinch bet they wouldn't make it to the port. lol I bought the cheap plastic holders from Amazon, put the labels in them at home, and packed them in my carry-on for the flight. When we got our luggage at FLL, I ripped off the flight tags and put on the plastic cruise tags. Worked perfectly and I didn't even need the extras I had brought along. I've already bought the different size we need for NCL in 2 months and plan to do the same thing again (although this time we are staying overnight before the cruise so switching tags will be more leisurely).

The advantage, to me, was in kinowing we had correct tags for our luggage that would be hard to have torn off by careless handling, and the luggage reached our room with no problems. Definitely worth the time and a few bucks to me. YMMV.

Cruise critic has some holders in their store, or google search them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app