On board Anthem March 12-19

Can you ask the people booked in 12318 if their balcony is a regular balcony or somehow obstructed? Dh has us booked in it for next January and from pictures it looks like it is obstructed. Of course I might be wrong. Thanks.

Can you ask the people booked in 12318 if their balcony is a regular balcony or somehow obstructed? Dh has us booked in it for next January and from pictures it looks like it is obstructed. Of course I might be wrong. Thanks.

I'll take a look. We are right down the hall in 12174. Only thing I can think of is the overhang supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the anthem right now...today was suppose to be our coco cay day but was cancelled due to rough waters for the tenders. We got our tender tickets this morning before 730 am.and we got for the 1st tenders.

Captain has re routed to Nassau and we'll be spending the afternoon, staying docked here overnight and all day tomorrow! Weather has been on the cooler side

What movies are they showing this week?

May have changed this week, but last week I remember:

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

The Legend of Tarzan

Ben Hur

There were probably others. I did not watch any but remember those from the Compass.

dp

The deckplan on the RCI site says there is a new 24 hour grill available in Windjammer. I have read other places that is not accurate. Since my CruisePlanner still says Dynamic Dining, I don't want to wander around looking for a 24 hour grill if it isn't there? Also, there is another thread about a room service charge - is that in effect on this cruise?

Also are they shown outside? How cold is it outside?

Carol

They've had several movies, some of which were scheduled while still in frigid conditions. When I make it to my cruise planner I'll post what they had for the first 4 days.

we are boarding sunday. How many comedians are there and how often? How early do we have to go down for tender tickets for Coco Cay? Thank you!

The comedian onboard is Phil Palisoul. He did two family friendly skits at the welcome aboard shows in first night. He then had an adult inky show on the second night.

Also, there is no 24h grill in windjammer. Website has been wrong for quite some time.

The deckplan on the RCI site says there is a new 24 hour grill available in Windjammer. I have read other places that is not accurate. Since my CruisePlanner still says Dynamic Dining, I don't want to wander around looking for a 24 hour grill if it isn't there? Also, there is another thread about a room service charge - is that in effect on this cruise?

Unfortunately, Royal is very slow to fix website inaccuracies. I believe the room service charge starts in July.

Unfortunately, Royal is very slow to fix website inaccuracies. I believe the room service charge starts in July.

Is the room service charge for all room service, or only for specific hours?Aso,on all ships or just Anthem? This is the first I have heard of it. However, on our last cruise (14 night TA) we never used it. But we hve gotten breakfast in the past.

Anthem's room service has always had charges for some things and has other things that are free. The offerings are also different than you will see on other ships. Continental breakfast is free, but if you want eggs, you have to pay for them. I forget what the cost is but I know there is an Anthem room service menu around these boards somewhere.

I don't know if Anthem will change to a flat fee or stay with the ala carte pricing it has now. Time will tell.

Edit:

Found at least the breakfast portion of the menu for Anthem.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2269036&highlight=anthem+room+service+menu

Whole room service menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49897676&highlight=room+service#post49897676

Dynamic Dining menus in that review don't exist anymore though.

Edited by reallyitsmema

How is the dress code for adults and children (we have a 9 year old and 12 year old). We sail next week and trying to figure out what to pack. Also, is it cold in the restaurants/clubs?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Did you see the shows The Gift and We will rock you? Are they big production shows? What is the Cabaret show? They had only one comedian?

Carol

Last week a group of us were on Anthem. Of the 12 or so Adults that were in our group. The Show preferences were unanimous. WWRY was by far the best. An excellent show. The Gift was worth seeing, Nice set decor but just enjoy it for the music. The story line was really not important. Spectra's Cabaret, left all of us scratching our heads .:confused: Talented Artists but Scenario and song selection... well anyway. Someone must like it. It does add variety.

Draw the Line (Aerosmith Tribute Band) was awesome) we went to see them twice.

Joel Mason - Entertainer (Does a few Elton John songs) DO NOT MISS.

Comedians we had, Paul Palisoul - Adult skit - Seen on last Night - OK

A.J. Jammal - Adult Skit. Day 5. All in our group agrees, he was the best. A few were sore the next morning from laughing.

Another Comedian on day 3 (The only compass I don't have) and I can't remember his name

Schooner bar entertainer also terrific.

dp

Edited by dpostman

What movies are they showing this week?

Day 1: Jack teacher never go back (outdoor)

Moana (outdoor)

Day 2: FindingDory (indoor)

La La Land (outdoor)

The Legend of Tarzan (outdoor)

Day 3: Middle School, The worst years of my life (outdoor)

Storks (outdoor)

The magnificent seven (outdoor)

Day 4: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them (outdoor)

Masterminds (outdoor)