Visiting ABC islands..which one is best for a beach day?

Denise5374

Aruba: Eagle or Palm beach are amazing and 1 beside each other. Eagle has more activities on the beach, palm is more where the hotels are. This cost 14$ from docks to the beach on any cab expect 5-10$ for chairs and umbrellas.

Bonaire great for snorkelling or Diving

My favorite is Playa Porto Marie in Curacao, we've seen seahorses there in our dives, it's private and relaxing a bit of a trek 30 minutes from ships and about 50$ cab ride.

Thanks for this! Now a crazy question.....

If we do the trikes in the morning will the beaches be really crowded int he afternoon?

I did this years ago, so it's possible the location of the trikes tour has changes since then. But when we went it was only a short walk from the trike tours to a dead end road running between the Rui Palace Aruba hotel and the Hilton Aruba hotel. At the end of the road is the beach, and a beach bar on a pier. Yes, there were plenty of people but there is also plenty of beach and lots of room. And there was a taxi waiting for a fare at the end of that road when we wanted to go back, so it worked out great.

But based on a Google Maps search, Trikes Aruba may now be further away. It says a 16 minute walk to that beach bar. Our walk wasn't nearly that far.

Aruba: Eagle or Palm beach are amazing and 1 beside each other. Eagle has more activities on the beach, palm is more where the hotels are. This cost 14$ from docks to the beach on any cab expect 5-10$ for chairs and umbrellas.

Bonaire great for snorkelling or Diving

My favorite is Playa Porto Marie in Curacao, we've seen seahorses there in our dives, it's private and relaxing a bit of a trek 30 minutes from ships and about 50$ cab ride.

When we cruised on Feb. 3rd, they were charging $5 for chairs & $25 for umbrellas. Ridiculous price for the umbrellas.

After a day at beautiful Palm Beach (Eagle Beach was too windy), we cleaned up and did the Kukoo Kunuku Bar Hop (with or without the dinner stop) on an open-air bus with loud Caribbean music, shaking our maracas. We stopped at several locals bars that were a lot of fun.

Did this one twice; the second time invited a cute guy I met on the ship to go with us - ended up marrying him, lol.

Depending on itinerary, many ships do not stay late. I remember years ago, when the Adventure & Serenade sailed we left at 1AM which was great. And still paxs, that overdid the booze, barely made it.

Not until next summer, I have serious planning issues!!;)

I look forward to reading your review!

When I first contacted Aruba Trikes, i had 700 days to go, booked it a year out. ;)