Excursion advice for George Town, Grand Cayman!

RS77471

We will be traveling on RC Liberty of the Seas in a few months. Considering doing the "Turtle, Stingray Land and Sea Adventure (GC57) any feedback from those who have been or advice for excursions at this port!! Thanks!!

Robin

If you've never been there, then the Stingray experience is a must.

Some people go thru Nativeway. I recommend Captain Marvin.

Both are more personalized and smaller groups. If you go with a ship excursion, you'll be with 100 or more people.

I agree, book with Capt. Marvin! You can Google him and see how to book him. He has been doing this for years and has a very good, wonderful reputation. I believe he also takes you to two other snorkeling spots.

Make sure you take your throw-a-way underwater camera or pay like $25 for a picture with a ray held over your head that you can take yourself. And take photos underwater of the rays swimming threw your legs! And you don't even have to know how to swim to do snorkel!

The Turtle farm is interesting, you might be able to just take a cab there if you have the time after snorkeling. Again, take a camera.

Just for your info, at Sting Ray City everyone stands in arm pit deep water. You can put snorkeling gear on and put your head in the water to watch the rays and that is FUN!

The really only fun thing about the town of Hell is the T-shirts saying you've been to Hell in the gift shop there. I mailed a post card from Hell to me and others. The mail is postmarked Hell! The only thing to see are stalagmites (or is it stalactites) coming up on the ground.