Silhouette boarding time

mnolan770

We are flying into FLL on Sunday morning arriving at 8:30. After grabbing luggage and an Uber, I figure we could be at the cruise port by 10:00-10:15. Is this too early? Should I plan to go somewhere else first and then over to the cruise port later? I hate to lug our luggage all over Ft. Lauderdale.

You could be sent to a waiting area before boarding. We were on the Silhouette at 10:45 am a few weeks ago but were told it was an exception over the intercom.

What did you do then? Too early for lunch. Were the cabins ready?

What did you do then? Too early for lunch. Were the cabins ready?

Cabins won't be ready til about 1:00 - 1:30. Cafe al Bacio is a wonderful waiting spot . . . a coffee or pot of tea is relaxing until you decide to grab a bite or cabins are ready.

Was on just over a week ago. We arrived about 10:30/45 and were able to walk right on however we had priority embarktion. Others you could see had to sit in a waiting are but not sure for how long.

One note on the Uber, not all of them have the proper license to enter the port. We took a taxi and he explained that he had to show his license every time he entered the port (we had to show our drivers license as well). We witnessed a few cars that had to make a u-turn and go back since they didn't have the proper documents to enter the port.

On the Uber question the driver just has to have a driver license. Have Uber to my last 2 cruises at Ft Lauderdale.

Idk but saw some doing a U-turn cuz they couldn't get thru. You'd think an Uber driver would have his license w/ him @ all times while driving. I believe they also need a waybill but not all drivers may know that or have it on hand.

Edited by snyniew

We arrived at FLL and went out for a brunch on the water at a nice hotel. Took a taxi from the airport straight there. Of course they had a bell stand to hold our luggage. Got an uber from that hotel to the port around 1130 and walked right on. Great start to a vacation-way more fun that standing in a line waiting for it to open!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app