Requesting location for MTD for 1st night only

pjd65

Is it possible to make a request for a table near a window in the main dining room for the 1st night of the cruise? We have My Time Dining and a reservation for 6:30pm that night. My husband has missed a LOT of first dinners on cruises as it takes him a little while to get his sea legs. He is often fine until we are sitting in the dining room (and can't see outside) and then he gets nauseous and needs to leave. I was hoping that if I stopped by the dining room right after we board and made the request for a table near a window, that it might help him make it through dinner! We are sailing from Southhampton and sunset isn't until around 9:30pm at that time of year.

Has anyone tried this? I know that MTD doesn't have assigned tables, but will they take a 1 night request like this? We have never sailed on RC before and have never had anything other than regular set time dining before. I'm looking forward to the flexibility, but would just like to have hubby make it through that 1st dinner for once!

Everybody wants window seats. Be prepared to have to wait past your reservation ti e to get it.

Would you consider specialty dining? They might offer a deal for first night and it can be easier to get a table with a view

Sent from my iPad using Forums