Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

The slide in the back of the Harmony of the Seas……

IMG_3114-XL.jpg

The Aida Luna……

IMG_3123-XL.jpg

The sterns of the Carnival Pride and Britannia…..

IMG_3125-XL.jpg

The Harmony of the Seas…..

IMG_3126-XL.jpg

Patti has walked out to the end of the pier……

IMG_3128-XL.jpg

The crew works hard until the last minute…..

IMG_3130-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

We hung out on our balcony until it was time to sail away. The Harmony of the Seas sails from St. Maarten…..

IMG_3131-XL.jpg

IMG_3135-XL.jpg

IMG_3137-XL.jpg

The Freedom of the Seas will be sailing after us…..

IMG_3138-XL.jpg

Zooming across the bay we can see the Sonesta where we spent the day……

IMG_3139-XL.jpg

IMG_3134-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

We sail past the Freedom of the Seas as we leave St. Maarten. Next stop: Baltimore….

IMG_3149-XL.jpg

IMG_3153-XL.jpg

IMG_3157-XL.jpg

Once we sailed from St. Maarten the seas got pretty rocky, so much so that walking was getting pretty difficult.

Even so, we’re back in the Normandie Restaurant again tonight. Here are tonight’s menus…..

IMG_3163-XL.jpg

IMG_3164-XL.jpg

IMG_3166-XL.jpg

To be continued……..

Patti started with the shrimp taco, while I had an order of fried green tomatoes…..

IMG_3167-XL.jpg

IMG_3168-XL.jpg

We both had a shrimp cocktail…….

IMG_3169-XL.jpg

We both tried and liked the Japanese sea bass……

IMG_3171-XL.jpg

I also had the roast turkey…….

IMG_3172-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

For dessert, Patti had the fruit plate…..

IMG_3174-XL.jpg

I tried the caramelized pears and didn’t care for them…….

IMG_3173-XL.jpg

I also had the Boston crème cake…..

IMG_3175-XL.jpg

There was no dancing in the dining room tonight due to the movement of the ship.

In the Taj Mahal tonight was the amazing juggling, manipulation, and physical comedy of Edge.

There were no Comedy Shows tonight, but in the Butterflies Lounge there was Karaoke, followed by the Liars Club.

Patti and I were going to check out the Dive- in movie “Sully”, but since it was really difficult to walk, we decided to head back to the cabin for the night. I knew that I would sleep like a baby tonight. Here is tonight’s turndown service…..

IMG_3176-XL.jpg

Coming up next: A throwback sea day!!!

Oh, you DEVIL!!! Look at that countdown!!! High five to you and Patti! (y)(y) Are you trying to sail every ship in the Carnival fleet?? You are amazing and I am so happy for you, and for the rest of us looking forward to your reviews! That Brittannia looks HUGE next to the Pride. And why don't I like the aft views on the RCI monsters??? I swear, cruise ships are going to look like SPACE ships someday. :( I like a classic ship....hope the seas calm down for you, but we have sailed thru MANY choppy seas, and like you, it's the best night sleep ever. Like sleeping on a giant hammock!

What does it mean for a ship to be repositioned?
Hmmm....okay, let's say the Pride is in Baltimore for 9 months, but it is going to go to let's say, Tampa for the winter. So you take a repo cruise on Pride that starts in Baltimore, but ENDS in Tampa. You debark in Tampa and find your way home, ship stays in Tampa for the winter! (I want to be reincarnated into a ship in my next life lol) Or as Jamman did, the ship was in Tampa and it's coming BACK to Baltimore.

Oh, you DEVIL!!! Look at that countdown!!! High five to you and Patti! (y)(y) Are you trying to sail every ship in the Carnival fleet?? You are amazing and I am so happy for you, and for the rest of us looking forward to your reviews! That Brittannia looks HUGE next to the Pride. And why don't I like the aft views on the RCI monsters??? I swear, cruise ships are going to look like SPACE ships someday. :( I like a classic ship....hope the seas calm down for you, but we have sailed thru MANY choppy seas, and like you, it's the best night sleep ever. Like sleeping on a giant hammock!

I'm not a fan of the A$$es of most RCCL ships either, but I do like the look of the Oasis Class. It's different. It's nice having that Aft view from a Boardwalk Balcony as well.

Hey Karry! Yes, one of our goals is to cruise every ship. We'll be trying 4 new ships for us in the next two years. We plan on being back on the Pride again sometime in 2019. :D

I've enjoyed reading your review - great job! Loved all the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for reading. Still more to come! :)

Hey Karry! Yes, one of our goals is to cruise every ship. We'll be trying 4 new ships for us in the next two years. We plan on being back on the Pride again sometime in 2019. :D

Thanks for reading. Still more to come! :)

Great idea Jamman! I want to do the Liberty to St. Lucia! But Liberty is only doing 3-4 dayer's from PC to Nassau and Freeport. :( Maybe we'll make a plan to cruise together on Pride in 2019!! :D

Great idea Jamman! I want to do the Liberty to St. Lucia! But Liberty is only doing 3-4 dayer's from PC to Nassau and Freeport. :( Maybe we'll make a plan to cruise together on Pride in 2019!! :D

Hey Karry! It would be great if we could cruise together on the Pride. The January 2019 Journeys cruise is just to soon after our Splendor Hawaii cruise though. Looking at a April/May/June or October timeframe. We could do our own 14 day cruise Eastern, Bahamas, or hopefully Bermuda. Your thoughts? :D

Hi Jeff, many thanks to you and Patti for another wonderful review. :D I am really enjoying your stories and photos. I would like to see the Panama Canal one day. Here in Ottawa we have the Rideau Canal, so I am familiar with the process of moving small boats through the locks. I can only imagine how fascinating it would be to see this process on a much larger scale. I also like the idea of doing a Journeys cruise some day so I will have to keep my eye out for one. :)

Heather

Hi Jeff, many thanks to you and Patti for another wonderful review. :D I am really enjoying your stories and photos. I would like to see the Panama Canal one day. Here in Ottawa we have the Rideau Canal, so I am familiar with the process of moving small boats through the locks. I can only imagine how fascinating it would be to see this process on a much larger scale. I also like the idea of doing a Journeys cruise some day so I will have to keep my eye out for one. :)

Heather

Hey Heather! Always nice to have you along for the ride! Journeys cruises are a lot of fun, and we are looking forward to our Hawaii Journeys cruise next year. :D

We slept in until 8am. It was a beautiful sunny day. The seas were still a bit choppy, but nothing like they were last night.

We went up to the Mermaid’s Grille for our breakfast today……

IMG_3177-XL.jpg

At 10:15am we made our way to the Taj Mahal for a session of bingo…..

IMG_3191-XL.jpg

IMG_3180-XL.jpg

IMG_3179-XL.jpg

IMG_3190-XL.jpg

He’s selling the bingo cards. The crew is having a great time dressing in 80’s garb. That’s not his real hair! Lol.

IMG_3187-XL.jpg

To be continued……

We are ready to play……

IMG_3188-XL.jpg

This is going to be bingo, the old way……

IMG_3193-XL.jpg

She’s making sure that all the balls are there……

IMG_3198-XL.jpg

The balls are going in the cage…..

IMG_3200-XL.jpg

She’s mixing them up……

IMG_3203-XL.jpg

And the first number is…….

IMG_3204-XL.jpg

We played a set of three games. Patti and I didn’t win. Boo!

To be continued……

After bingo they immediately went into the horse racing. Here, CD Steve is bringing the horses out on stage……

IMG_3195-XL.jpg

He then proceeded to auction off all six horses. All six horses sold for a total of almost $400. A couple of horses sold for over $100. The winning owner would win all the money collected in the auction……

IMG_3209-XL.jpg

IMG_3210-XL.jpg

IMG_3212-XL.jpg

Our friend Krusin Kris bought the #2 horse for $65……

IMG_3213-XL.jpg

Then it was time for betting on the horses. Tickets were $3 each. The payoff would be determined by the total of the betting pool, divided by the number of tickets sold on the winning horse. Got that? Of course, we bet $6 on Kris’s horse, but we were also liking the #5 horse, so we threw $3 down on her.

The horses are lined up at the starting line…..

IMG_3217-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

The horse’s movements would be dictated by the roll of the dice…..

IMG_3220-XL.jpg

And they’re off…..

IMG_3226-XL.jpg

The #5 horse takes the lead…..

IMG_3230-XL.jpg

IMG_3231-XL.jpg

The crowd in the Taj Mahal is cheering on their favorites…..

IMG_3227-XL.jpg

The #5 horse wins by a nose…..

IMG_3232-XL.jpg

The winning horse paid $10 per ticket, and since we had bet a total of $9 on the two horses we netted a whopping $1. Lol. This was a lot of fun, and we wish they would bring this back on all cruises!

To be continued……

We made our way up to the Red Frog Rum Bar for a few Thirsty Frog Reds before the frog races. They were giving away “I love throwback sea day” stickers to everyone…..

IMG_3242-XL.jpg

Patti bought me a frog to enter in the race. I named him “Thirsty” Very original isn’t it? Lol……..

IMG_3243-XL.jpg

I think he’s in love!

IMG_3239-XL.jpg

CD Steve explains the rules of the races. There are over 50 frogs entered, so there will be 5 or 6 heats, with the winner of each heat advancing to the finals…..

IMG_3244-XL.jpg

Thirsty and I are waiting for our heat…..

IMG_3246-XL.jpg

This young man was the winner of the first heat…..

IMG_3250-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

The next heat is underway……

IMG_3255-XL.jpg

It’s time for our heat……

IMG_3256-XL.jpg

And we’re off……

IMG_3261-XL.jpg

It seems that Thirsty is lagging behind…..

IMG_3262-XL.jpg

Thirsty gives up and makes a right turn…….

IMG_3264-XL.jpg

Thirsty and I head back to the Red Frog Rum Bar and drown our sorrows…..

IMG_3266-XL.jpg

To be continued…….