Anyone else booking Alaska for 2018?

I'm getting antsy for the schedule to come out. A few weeks ago a Royal rep told me it would be today, March 13, but it's not out yet. Today they told me maybe March 23, but I felt like this rep just pulled that date out of the air.

In recent years, the itineraries tend to come out the middle of the week, usually Wednesday.

However, they can obviously get delayed and as some caribbean from last week were pushed back, Alaska might end up being pushed back too.

Alaska was originally scheduled to come out last week too, so it has already been pushed back once. I hope whoever said March 23rd is wrong, I am also waiting to book Alaska.

Alaska was originally scheduled to come out last week too, so it has already been pushed back once. I hope whoever said March 23rd is wrong, I am also waiting to book Alaska.

Oh, I have not seen a schedule with that on, it was always this week that I saw since it was published over a month ago.

The first time I saw it was Feb 4th posted on the deployment thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52196228&postcount=656

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I am waiting also. I booked a placeholder Alaskan cruisetour while on Adventure a couple of weeks ago to get the OBC for onboard booking while waiting for the real itins to come out. I also have a cruisetour booked with Celebrity which includes the beverage package. So once I see what Royal's prices are, I'll decide which one to do for sure and move the other one to a different warm weather itinerary.

Oh, I have not seen a schedule with that on, it was always this week that I saw since it was published over a month ago.

The first time I saw it was Feb 4th posted on the deployment thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52196228&postcount=656

Alaska was always scheduled for the week of March 13th. I would bet that the itineraries will start being loaded into the system tomorrow evening.

Alaska was always scheduled for the week of March 13th. I would bet that the itineraries will start being loaded into the system tomorrow evening.

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation.

One itinerary for Radiance was loaded into cruisecal a few days ago - just the one 5 night! I got all excited and then nothing else was loaded :eek: Haha!

I was interested in booking Alaska. I then read a review over the weekend. It kind of looked like NH white Mountains so not so sure now. NH is a simple 3 hour car ride and I don't need winter gear for the most part in July. ;-)

I was interested in booking Alaska. I then read a review over the weekend. It kind of looked like NH white Mountains so not so sure now. NH is a simple 3 hour car ride and I don't need winter gear for the most part in July. ;-)

Try this review and you will change your mind.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1852077

NH and Alaska are two totally different animals. NH is beautiful, I was just up there today, but I can't wait to go to Alaska.

Alaska 2018 schedule is out! I'm actually waiting to book it when I'm on Enchantment next week. That just occurred to me about two days ago, that I should book it on board.

Don't wait if there is a specific cabin you want since certain cabins book up quickly. I know on the sailing I booked for Alaska last night, the only suite category that is left to book is junior suites. Looks like most of the aft facing cabins are gone too.

Don't wait if there is a specific cabin you want since certain cabins book up quickly. I know on the sailing I booked for Alaska last night, the only suite category that is left to book is junior suites. Looks like most of the aft facing cabins are gone too.

Absolutely agree with this. I think we must have booked the same sailing as I saw only JS's in suites left for the sailing I booked... I did wonder if it was a website glitch at first but I know how in demand these sailings are.

Had to cancel our May 2017 Alaska cruise two days before final payment last week , a year + in the planning.

Yesterday afternoon booked the same week in 2018 with our first choice of the aft cabin we wanted.

Let the count down begin ...again !

I called Royal and they said the specialty rooms are booking up, and we definitely want the Family Oceanview (called the Ultra Spacious Oceanview under the new system), so I went ahead and booked it. I'll still go to the Next Cruise Desk when I'm on board and see if I can do anything there, maybe get some on board credits.

We live in NH about a one hour drive to the White Mountains and spend lots of time there.

We have done the Alaska cruise and also added on a DIY land tour. We will be going back to Alaska! The majesty of the Alaskan landscape took my breath away.

No way to compare the two. Different landscape and different weather.