Passports Needed for Cozumel, Falmouth, Grand Cayman

Son, DIL and 3 kids (14,12,8) going to Cozumel, Falmouth and Grand Cayman. TA they booked the trip with says no one needs a passport as she took the trip and no passports needed. I checked US State Dept and the 3 countries website and they say they do. DIL inclined to listen to TA. I told son to check as better to prove me wrong then end up being turned away at embarkation. I also thought when they fill out their paperwork on line, it will show up incomplete but by then will be too late. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Son, DIL and 3 kids (14,12,8) going to Cozumel, Falmouth and Grand Cayman. TA they booked the trip with says no one needs a passport as she took the trip and no passports needed. I checked US State Dept and the 3 countries website and they say they do. DIL inclined to listen to TA. I told son to check as better to prove me wrong then end up being turned away at embarkation. I also thought when they fill out their paperwork on line, it will show up incomplete but by then will be too late. Any thoughts/suggestions?

If you are leaving and returning to the same port then you can board with a "certified" birth certificate for the kids and also, for those over 16 a photo ID (such as a drivers license).

Reboarding the ship after getting off at one of these ports you will only need your ship card (for everyone) and also a photo ID for all over 16.

Have a great cruise!!!

If you are leaving and returning to the same port then you can board with a "certified" birth certificate for the kids and also, for those over 16 a photo ID (such as a drivers license).

Reboarding the ship after getting off at one of these ports you will only need your ship card (for everyone) and also a photo ID for all over 16.

Have a great cruise!!!

My two sons were almost not allowed to board the Quantum a few years ago, as we had no photo id for them, just the birth certificate. They had school ids at home, but not with them. They were 12 & 14 at the time; the supervisor finally allowed it, but then said they would have a problem getting back on the ship in a couple of the ports we were going to as every one needed their ship card and photo id to get past security. I wish I remember which ports they said would be a problem; but it wasn't the Western route that trip...so not the ones your son is going to.

If they have school ids, bring them.

Do the ship cards have photos on them so when they are scanned your photo comes up?

The cards do not have visible photos. However, when the card is scanned at an appropriate station, it allows your photo in the ship's database to be displayed.

school IDs are okay as long as the current year is on the school ID AND it is from a state public school

I doubt that any cruise line official would know if a particular school as listed on a school ID was a public school or a private school. Photo ID's are only needed for kids 16 and older, and they can get a state ID card from the DMV if they don't yet have a driver's license.