$7.95 Room Service Charge

I would not book this line or anywhere that was unable to offer me what I need.

And rightly so. But I think the same can be said for anyone buying a service. Why would anyone purchase any service that doesn't meet their needs?

Just curious, has anyone actually seen this new and improved menu, and how was the food?

The only thing half decent from the menu that was not breakfast was the steak, and just the steak. It was liveable and some spice. The O-Rings and bread basically not edible.

Man I ordered it twice while on Adventure, so I didn't have to go to the back of the boat or the front of the boat; when my hip was killing me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

...........but welfare does............check it out how some use their "assistance from the government" to pay for their cruise...:eek:

Spoken like a true Republican. Please provide facts to backup this claim...

Spoken like a true Republican. Please provide facts to backup this claim...

I know! Like really? There are people out there that think people are cursing on welfare checks? Do they know how little money that is? Sad really.

I had no idea, but you are 100% correct. A simple Google check

Do a simple Google check on "Elvis Alive" comes up with this story - 'ELVIS NOT DEAD' Graceland groundsman filmed THIS MONTH is 'King aged 81'.

NEWS FLASH - If it's on the internet doesn't make it true. Start thinking for yourself people.

...........but welfare does............check it out how some use their "assistance from the government" to pay for their cruise...:eek:

Yes, Brownback in 2015 got a bill passed to prohibit folks from using their $25 per day from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families on cruise ships. I'm sure the loss of $25 per day prevented thousands of poor Kansans from cruising.

In some countries they are experimenting with allowing government assistance to be used much more flexibly. Studies show that a good vacation or luxury purchase can actually help health, both physical and mental.

And really, why does anyone care what folks use the money for? If they want to skip food and buy cigarettes, so what? Isn't it about "freedom?"

I know! Like really? There are people out there that think people are cursing on welfare checks? Do they know how little money that is? Sad really.

I don't know about 'cursing' but who knows;p

I sent an e-mail more than a week ago, and have yet to receive a response (except for "thank you for your......")

My over-riding feeling about this charge is sadness in the way it was implemented, because it highlighted exactly how little this company thinks of its customers. The fact that I am still waiting to hear back from anybody has compounded how I feel.

Why would I continue to be loyal to a company who can and do change things on a whim. Why should I continue to book with such a company who holds its customers in such low regard? $8 here, $20 there.

Put up your prices as much as you want by all means - but don't do it AFTER people have paid. It's disrespectful. BTW I am from the UK, therefore we are not supposed to be subject to price amendment or changes in T&C's. At least that's what we are told when prices drop, and are unable to take advantage?

I am but one customer obviously. So, I do not expect Royal would care less. However, I am one customer who is just back from THE BEST VACATION EVER on NCL. I am one customer who will be looking to book a further 3 cruises over the next year or so. I am not Loyal to Royal any more. Not because of $8, but because I do not like to be made to feel like an inconsequential crumb.

I know there are a lot of people who feel the same as me.

And really, why does anyone care what folks use the money for? If they want to skip food and buy cigarettes, so what? Isn't it about "freedom?"

Do I have the "freedom" to not pay my taxes? I have no problem with my tax money being used to buy food for a family that needs it to feed their kids. I do have an issue with my tax money being used to buy someone else their cigarettes. And then I get the added benefit of having to listen to someone else on this thread talk about the increased cost of medical care.:rolleyes:

I sent an e-mail more than a week ago, and have yet to receive a response (except for "thank you for your......")

My over-riding feeling about this charge is sadness in the way it was implemented, because it highlighted exactly how little this company thinks of its customers. The fact that I am still waiting to hear back from anybody has compounded how I feel.

Why would I continue to be loyal to a company who can and do change things on a whim. Why should I continue to book with such a company who holds its customers in such low regard? $8 here, $20 there.

Put up your prices as much as you want by all means - but don't do it AFTER people have paid. It's disrespectful. BTW I am from the UK, therefore we are not supposed to be subject to price amendment or changes in T&C's. At least that's what we are told when prices drop, and are unable to take advantage?

I am but one customer obviously. So, I do not expect Royal would care less. However, I am one customer who is just back from THE BEST VACATION EVER on NCL. I am one customer who will be looking to book a further 3 cruises over the next year or so. I am not Loyal to Royal any more. Not because of $8, but because I do not like to be made to feel like an inconsequential crumb.

Well said. I am booking and looking elsewhere. Booked another this week. That makes four in the que, none on RCCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Back to the actual item in Question. Anyone Got pix of the New Menu? Curiosity is getting the Cat, before Oasis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Please go to post 308 on page 16 (assuming 20 posts per page). The new menu is posted there.

It's things like this that make Disney's prices look acceptable.
I suspect you're referring to their cruise line, but I will relay that my spouse and I realized that we paid ten times as much in admission this last year, when we visited Walt Disney World, as we did the first year we visited Walt Disney World twenty five years ago. We spent as much on food in five days at Walt Disney World as the cruise fare for an inside cabin on our upcoming cruise, with all the food included, as well as the actual cruise, port stops, entertainment, etc. The grass is not greener over in the Magic Kingdom! :)

I suspect you're referring to their cruise line, but I will relay that my spouse and I realized that we paid ten times as much in admission this last year, when we visited Walt Disney World, as we did the first year we visited Walt Disney World twenty five years ago. We spent as much on food in five days at Walt Disney World as the cruise fare for an inside cabin on our upcoming cruise, with all the food included, as well as the actual cruise, port stops, entertainment, etc. The grass is not greener over in the Magic Kingdom! :)

The cruise line as we are on a forum that is focused on cruising. We go to the Magic Kingdom every so often and spend about $900 on meals for a family of 4 for the week. Yes it is expensive, but the time to leave the park, eat, and return is also expensive.

Yes, and I have to wonder, what will they decide to charge extra for next?

Yes, and I have to wonder, what will they decide to charge extra for next?
That would be an interesting discussion. I think there are some things so obvious that they're no-brainers, namely increasing the fees they've already got, expanding the scope of those fees, and expanding what circumstances to which those fees apply. Beyond that, at least one cruise line is already charging extra for checking in, embarking early, disembarking as you wish. That can be extended (if it hasn't been already) to priority disembarkation and priority embarkation at ports.

At least one cruise line is effectively charging cash for elite benefits for non-elite passengers - that's a scenario that keeps on giving in this regard, as you could unbundle all the elite benefits of every elite level on every mainstream cruise line and put a cash price to each item, if there isn't already a way to secure that benefit with cash.

At least one cruise line is setting up tables on the public decks to sell trinkets and souvenirs all cruise long. They can set up the kind of retail gauntlets we encountered at every major site we visited in Egypt, filling every inch from the gangway to the end of the pier, if the local authorities would allow it. At least one cruise line is hawking tsotchkes as part of every show hosted by the CD or assistant. That could be expanded to intermission retail opportunities. (Has anyone lost their lunch yet?)

At least one cruise line is surcharging for certain items in the MDR (like lobster). Of course, the MDR itself could become a surcharge item, making the buffet the "included" dining option. However, that might require careful introduction: It needs to be such that people will pay for the MDR is sufficient numbers that the utilization of the MDR vs the buffet remains the same. (Read into that and you'll probably see, "Make the food in the MDR a bit better than it is now, while making the food in the buffet noticeable lower in quality, sufficient to get folks to pay extra." If introduced gradually, say $1 surcharge for MDR per night, the transition is quite do-able.)

Charging for popcorn at movies where previously it was provided gratis. Good tea versus free tea. Good coffee versus free coffee, more so than is already the case. Even the oh-so-controversial "charge for milk, even though there are children involved" could be considered.

And the list goes on and on. The point being that if y'all think that this is nickel and diming then just wait. We've got it good right now. If the typical American consumer doesn't start thinking about what's included and what's surcharged (and there is absolutely no sign whatsoever that the typical American consumer has stopped its current trend toward even more and more fixation on bargain hunting base prices and abject ignorance about what the ramifications of that is in terms of surcharges) then these items are just the tip of the iceberg. But make no mistake: The power is 100% in the hands of consumers. Service providers couldn't care less how they take in revenue - this way or that, money is money. They can go either way. It's up to us to collectively, in vast majorities, practice consumer behaviors that prompt service providers to operate the way we wish them to.

Do I have the "freedom" to not pay my taxes? I have no problem with my tax money being used to buy food for a family that needs it to feed their kids. I do have an issue with my tax money being used to buy someone else their cigarettes. And then I get the added benefit of having to listen to someone else on this thread talk about the increased cost of medical care.:rolleyes:

Just got Bill for my Angiogram. 432K 😱

I think I owe $350 of it. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well said. I am booking and looking elsewhere. Booked another this week. That makes four in the que, none on RCCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With a name like Funship Freddy I'm surprised you book any on Royal.

I just booked Fall TA 2018 on Rhapsody. Great aft JS. Really looking forward to it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree you don't need to be loyal to a company when they show that they will change things around so easily. Not sure there is an easy way to change charges like that. It's easy to say grandfather in, but doing that with every item sounds like a service nightmare (when mistakes are made, or the irate customers who see themselves being charged when their neighbor isn't)

By the way, I sail NCL too and they are the worst of the bunch in yanking fees, service and items around on customers. Happens on that line far more then others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're not whistling Dixie. Not only are park entry fees expensive, but took the meal plan and WOW. Includes a terrible meal with the Princesses in the Castle. However, had excellent dinners at Narcoosses (Grand Floridian) and American Grill (Contemporary).