A full list of Getaway Haven Spa Cabins - Pole or No Pole - Table/Chairs versus Sofa

fdpevey

When I was trying to decide which Haven Spa cabin to select last year on the Breakaway, I realized they are not all the same. There are two minordifferences between the “Away” class Haven Spa cabins:

Some “Away” class Haven Spa cabins have a brown support polein front of the whirlpool tub. You can look through other posts and find apicture of “the pole”. It doesn’t obstruct your view out the balcony door, butsome people prefer a cabin without a support pole.

In addition, some “Away” class Haven Spa cabins have a smalltable and two chairs on the wall beside the balcony door (as pictured on the NCLwebpage). Others have a low sofa/chaise lounge against that wall. In the cabinswith the sofa/chaise lounge, there IS a table set against the whirlpool tub,but the sofa/chaise lounge is too low to use as a chair if you want to dine inthe cabin and think to pull it over. When we had this sofa/chaise lounge on theBreakaway, we asked our butler to bring us two chairs for the room. (Made theroom crowded, but worked.) I’m sure it works for others – we like the table/twochairs.

It was a bit frustrating as I researched cabins that there wasn’ta report on every cabin about whether it had “the pole”, and very few peoplecommented on whether a cabin had the table/two chairs versus the sofa/chaiselounge.

All of that explanation is a preamble to the request I madeof my room steward this year when we were on the Getaway a few weeks ago: Please note forme which Getaway Haven Spa cabins have “the pole”, and which have thetable/chairs versus the sofa/chaise. And he did!

I had a little chart I’d put together in advance, and hetook it the first day and got it back to me several days later after he had theopportunity to check out all the cabins to be sure. (I gave him aspecial tip for doing this.)

He explained that all port side Getaway Haven Spa cabinshave the sofa/chaise; all starboard side Getaway Haven Spa cabins have thetable and two chairs. I also found out there are four cabins with the pole oneach side, and four without.

Here is the list:

Getaway 14128 – No pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14130 – Has a pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14132 – Has a pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14134 – No pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14136 – No pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14138 – Has a pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14140 – Has a pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14142 – No pole – Has a sofa/chaise

Getaway 14728 – No pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14730 – Has a pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14732 – Has a pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14734 – No pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14736 – No pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14738 – Has a pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14740 – Has a pole – Has a table and two chairs

Getaway 14742 – No pole – Has a table and two chairs

My guess is that this would apply equally to the Breakaway,since they are mirror ships, but I can’t guarantee that.

I hope this list will be worthwhile to future cruisers whosearch for advice on which Getaway Haven Spa cabin to select and want to knowwhich ones have “the pole” or “the sofa/chaise”. I have gained some wonderful information and guidance from the people on Cruise Critic, I thoughtthis would be my way of contributing to the knowledge on the Board ... and saying thank you.

• Like 2

Thank you for doing this, will definitely use your post next time booking a haven spa suite on the getaway.

We just got off the breakaway last week and this layout does not apply for this ship.

We were in #14142: no pole (like getaway) but had table & 2 chairs

Thank you for doing this, will definitely use your post next time booking a haven spa suite on the getaway.

We just got off the breakaway last week and this layout does not apply for this ship.

We were in #14142: no pole (like getaway) but had table & 2 chairs

Now that you mention it, I'll take a guess that the two ships are in mirror layout - so on Breakaway it's Starboard that has the table/chairs and Port that has the sofa/chaise. We were in 14728 on the Breakaway last year and it had a sofa/chaise. But I can't know for sure, because I didn't think about gathering this information last year, so I only share what I know about the Getaway.

PLEASE SOMEONE, tell me what "the pole" is. The only thing I can figure out is that it's a pole in the front of the whirl pool tub? What would be the purpose of that? Does anyone have a photo?? I just booked 14134 on the Breakaway and it seems by the above list, that IF the Breakaway is the mirror image of the Getaway, that my cabin will have NO POLE. Should I change my room? This seems like a big deal for some reason and I'm baffled. Someone please educate me. :o

It's a pole close to the spa tub. I have never personally seen one and it would not be a deal breaker for me. But if I have a choice I will take the room without the pole.

As to its purpose, no clue, but I would guess something structural.

I have attached a photo I came across on the Internet......83f6374c494f0231072c9a21f531c6a4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for the photo and info. I hope my room doesn't have that pole. I can see me stubbing my toe and walking right into in the middle of the night.....I'm not well known for my gracefulness. ;p

I love that you can choose to have the spa bath itself as a beautiful night light. I believe the front of the tub has a blue glow setting. :D (I'm not that graceful either )

PLEASE SOMEONE, tell me what "the pole" is. The only thing I can figure out is that it's a pole in the front of the whirl pool tub? What would be the purpose of that? Does anyone have a photo?? I just booked 14134 on the Breakaway and it seems by the above list, that IF the Breakaway is the mirror image of the Getaway, that my cabin will have NO POLE. Should I change my room? This seems like a big deal for some reason and I'm baffled. Someone please educate me. :o

what you don't know about " the pole" it does come with a dancer

• Haha 1

Just returned yesterday from 14730 on the Getaway. This is a starboard room with a pole. Not at all obtrusive and actually forgot it was there after day 1. Appears to be a support type pole, assuming related to whirlpool tub weight?

I saw pictures of both the chaise and the double chairs so not sure what we'd get. Thought I'd prefer the chaise but the chairs were much more practical. When we had breakfast delivered one morning our butler set it up with a table cloth which was lovely.

A spacious, beautiful cabin that I miss already.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 years later...

Last year when I was booking the Spa haven room on the Escape, I called to change my room to one without the pole.  The CSR asked me why I wanted to switch to the room next door I explained about the pole and she started to laugh.  She said I never knew some had poles and some did not.  She then said well maybe some people would like the pole for some night time activities.