Pinnacle Grill menu

HermmyGranger

Oh please do post back with info as Zuiderdam is the ship I'm on in June.

Nice to know it can be ordered at the bar as a standalone snack. I still think $70 is a big jump from $45. Prices goes up over time for sure but a 55% increase overnight is a bit much. Sure it is still cheaper than on land but that is the norm for surcharge dining on a ship where standard meals have already been paid for.

I do agree that they do a lovely presentation though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a follow up...Caviar supplement was $70 on Zuiderdam last week.

This may surprise folks, but we found the lobster tails larger and tastier in the MDR than the add-on tails in the PG. This was last month on the Zuiderdam. Still good, but surprisingly smaller. It was almost like the MDR was giving us the larger PG main course lobster tails for surf and turf instead of the smaller 5 Oz ones.

Dennis

Do they drown the lobster tail in b uttter during cooking? I know they serve bugtter on the side but I do not c are for butter and eat very litfle of itr. I am disappointed whenever I see their lobster tails servved as there is so much butter it does not appeal t o me. I wonderf if I can order a lobster tail with verf little or no butter?

This may surprise folks, but we found the lobster tails larger and tastier in the MDR than the add-on tails in the PG. This was last month on the Zuiderdam. Still good, but surprisingly smaller. It was almost like the MDR was giving us the larger PG main course lobster tails for surf and turf instead of the smaller 5 Oz ones. Dennis
Do they drown the lobster tail in b uttter during cooking? I know they serve butter on the side but I do not c are for butter and eat very litfle of it. I am disappointed whenever I see their lobster tails servved as there is so much butter it does not appeal t o me. I wonder if I can order a lobster tail with ver little or no butter? Edited by sail7seas

Just a follow up...Caviar supplement was $70 on Zuiderdam last week.

Thank you for the follow up!!! I appreciate it.

We will be eating in the PG one night during our Baltic cruise but I may have to pass on the wonderful caviar if it is $70. I do indeed like it but at that price, on top of the money we are already paying to eat in the PG, is a little too much IMO.

Of course, for those 4* and 5* Mariners, the discounted price is still a steal. I will only be a lowly 2* after this trip completes though. HAHA.

Hope you had a great cruise! Thanks for the update. We are looking forward to enjoying caviar on our upcoming cruise on the NA. We still think with mariner discount the price is a deal.

Thanks, it was a great cruise! I did have the caviar and it was wonderful!

You're right, it does make it a lot less painful to the pocketbook with mariner discount ;)

Enjoy your NA cruise!

Thank you for the follow up!!! I appreciate it.

We will be eating in the PG one night during our Baltic cruise but I may have to pass on the wonderful caviar if it is $70. I do indeed like it but at that price, on top of the money we are already paying to eat in the PG, is a little too much IMO.

Of course, for those 4* and 5* Mariners, the discounted price is still a steal. I will only be a lowly 2* after this trip completes though. HAHA.

The caviar is not discounted for 4 and 5 star Mariners. Only the PG dinner gets the discount. We paid the same $70 - or $140 in our case, because although we share a last name, we do not share sturgeon eggs.

I'd like to propose that everyone complains about the price, at least until our next cruise. Don't complain so much that they drop it from the menu, but enough so that the price comes down. Thanks in advance.

The caviar is not discounted for 4 and 5 star Mariners. Only the PG dinner gets the discount. We paid the same $70 - or $140 in our case, because although we share a last name, we do not share sturgeon eggs.

:'):'):'):'):')

I'd like to propose that everyone complains about the price, at least until our next cruise. Don't complain so much that they drop it from the menu, but enough so that the price comes down. Thanks in advance.

Yes! I agree!

It's a pity you don't get the discount on the caviar. Other posts seemed to imply that it was given. Good to know.

Yes! I agree!

It's a pity you don't get the discount on the caviar. Other posts seemed to imply that it was given. Good to know.

No, just the base cost of dinner. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but all the supplements are at full price.

... here is the Pinnacle Grill "sample" Dinner Menu that was posted on HAL's web site. And, even though you didn't ask for one, here is the PG "sample" Lunch Menu that was also posted on the HAL web site. I believe both are "current" but have been unable to get on the HAL web site all day today, so I have not confirmed.

Smooth sailing ...

Thank you for the PG lunch menu, can someone tell me if I could order lobster for lunch for room service? Would be a nice surprise for mom, lobster lunch on the veranda one day. TIA

No, just the base cost of dinner. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but all the supplements are at full price.

All the supplements were full price last week on Zuiderdam, no mariner discount.

Back when they first started offering caviar on the menu, I was given the mariner discount. IDK whether they changed their policy, or I was just lucky.

Do they drown the lobster tail in b uttter during cooking? I know they serve bugtter on the side but I do not c are for butter and eat very litfle of itr. I am disappointed whenever I see their lobster tails servved as there is so much butter it does not appeal t o me. I wonderf if I can order a lobster tail with verf little or no butter?

Last week on Zuiderdam, I had the 12 oz tail, broiled. It seemed to only be been brushed on top with butter, definitely not drown. They did offer the drawn butter on the side.

It was very good, and much bigger than dining room tails.

Do they drown the lobster tail in b uttter during cooking? I know they serve butter on the side but I do not c are for butter and eat very litfle of it. I am disappointed whenever I see their lobster tails servved as there is so much butter it does not appeal t o me. I wonder if I can order a lobster tail with ver little or no butter?

They serve the lobster tail grilled or boiled. Drawn butter on the side. Pretty standard New England style.

They serve the lobster tail grilled or boiled. Drawn butter on the side. Pretty standard New England style.

Yes, I know about butter on the side but on the ships, they drown the tails in b utter during cooking. Some people want some lobster with their b utter. I know about grilled and (steamed - ugh, don't boil lobster grilled is fine--- but that bring us back to drowned in butter during grilling. :) I asked ab out the butter in the hopes 'someone' could tell me they asked for lobster grilled or broiled and was able to get it without it swimming in a pound of butter.

I suspect the stewards\ won't get it that I MEAN i DON'T WANT BUTTER. THEY ARE SO USED TO asny who order lobster wanting dripping butter OVER THEIR FACES. :) iN all of my cruising YEARS, THE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF CRUISES, I have ordered the MDR lobster maybe once out of all those cruises and couldn't eat it. This next cruise I want to try it in PInnacle though When I have lobster, here in New England, I make it myself. We had some pretty fantastic dinner parties in our home through the years and no one yet evec complained when I served steamed lobsters, or baked sutffed. Our friends loved those meals. I'm not going tot make it for myself at this point so I've not had much (any) lately.

Anone herre able to get lobster in Pinnacle or MDR without it being cooked in a ton butter? I maadae PEI mussels for my dinner tonight. Delicious. and not a speck of butter in sgght. I like to taste the fish a and not the grease. :) Those mussels were soo good.

Edited by sail7seas

Last week on Zuiderdam, I had the 12 oz tail, broiled. It seemed to only be been brushed on top with butter, definitely not drown. They did offer the drawn butter on the side.

It was very good, and much bigger than dining room tails.

We had the option of broiled or steamed.

Yes, I know about butter on the side but on the ships, they drown the tails in b utter during cooking. Some people want some lobster with their b utter. I know about grilled and (steamed - ugh, don't boil lobster grilled is fine--- but that bring us back to drowned in butter during grilling. :) I asked ab out the butter in the hopes 'someone' could tell me they asked for lobster grilled or broiled and was able to get it without it swimming in a pound of butter.

I suspect the stewards\ won't get it that I MEAN i DON'T WANT BUTTER. THEY ARE SO USED TO asny who order lobster wanting dripping butter OVER THEIR FACES. :) iN all of my cruising YEARS, THE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF CRUISES, I have ordered the MDR lobster maybe once out of all those cruises and couldn't eat it. This next cruise I want to try it in PInnacle though When I have lobster, here in New England, I make it myself. We had some pretty fantastic dinner parties in our home through the years and no one yet evec complained when I served steamed lobsters, or baked sutffed. Our friends loved those meals. I'm not going tot make it for myself at this point so I've not had much (any) lately.

Anone herre able to get lobster in Pinnacle or MDR without it being cooked in a ton butter? I maadae PEI mussels for my dinner tonight. Delicious. and not a speck of butter in sgght. I like to taste the fish a and not the grease. :) Those mussels were soo good.

Agree about some restaurants using too much butter. Some even poach the tails in butter!

Mine in Pinnacle was broiled and not soaked in butter. If they steam it, you should be able to get it without any butter at all, since it's not even touching water.

PEI mussels for dinner sounds good! :)

Sail - The lobster may have been lightly brushed with butter, but definitely not swimming in it. We saw people asking for extra butter. The butter is served in the little stainless steel butter cups.

Thank you, Brownie. Just what I was hoping someone could /would post here. Now I have something more to look forward t o for my upcoming cruise....... A beautiftul lobster tail in Pinn cle...... Lobster I didn't cook for myself. :) I really appreciate your information.

Sail - The lobster may have been lightly brushed with butter, but definitely not swimming in it. We saw people asking for extra butter. The butter is served in the little stainless steel butter cups.

Perfect, POA, Thank you. :)

Thank you, Brownie. Just what I was hoping someone could /would post here. Now I have something more to look forward t o for my upcoming cruise....... A beautiftul lobster tail in Pinn cle...... Lobster I didn't cook for myself. :) I really appreciate your information.

You're welcome, Sail. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the PG lunch menu' date=' can someone tell me if I could order lobster for lunch for room service? Would be a nice surprise for mom, lobster lunch on the veranda one day. TIA[/quote']

Sorry for my tardiness in responding to your Post above. We have never ordered room service from the Pinnacle Grill lunch or dinner menu but I suspect that it is allowed. Best bet would be to either call HAL Ship Services (1‐800‐541‐1576) or ask the PG Manager after you board the ship.

Smooth sailing (y)(y)(y)

P.S. You might also be able to get assurance that, depending on your preference, your lobster will or will not be drowned in butter! ;)

Edited by avian777