Status match question...

momof4girls

How do they determine which level to match you to? I am only gold on Carnival, and I expect it will take me a few years to get to the next level. Does anybody know what gold on Carnival will match to on MSC?

Also, if I match a higher status than dh, will dh end up with the same benefits as I do if we share the cabin?

I am also Gold on Carnival and was matched to Silver on MSC. I guess I will match the rest of my family now because I also don't know how their program works and if any benefits are for the whole cabin or only the person.

Thank you! Was hoping it'd be silver...

Carnival Gold reportedly gets matched to MSC Silver.

Each person gets the benefits that they are personally entitled to, but some benefits are given as one per cabin anyway, and the 5% Voyagers Club discount is explicitly extended to everyone in the cabin. I don't know how they handle additional "Voyages Selection" discounts, if they are just for the qualifying member or for everyone in the cabin.

Also, if you get invited to a cocktail party, I think they would let you bring your husband along.

Do you need to match your kids if you're all in the same cabin? What perk would you receive that they wouldn't?

The only benefit I can see to matching kids is if they wish to sail MSC in the future. When they match your status level, MSC gives you the minimum number of points required to get to the level they match you to so it's a jump-start for their elite status on MSC Cruises.