Dream Questons

CMOTO

It has been a few years since my last cruise.....

Sailing on the Dream out of New Orleans in September

1) we have purchased the Cheers package....am I correct in the first day (Sunday) we can start drinking but we will have to pay tax on each drink, then once we sail there will be no sales tax.

2) our ports are Montego Bay, Cozumel, Cayman Islands.....if we decide to go with a NON-Carnival excursion.....do most of the tour people pick you up at the port or do you have to get a taxi to meet them? Or is it just best to go with the Carnival excursions?

3) Menus---I've heard the menus have changed does anyone have pic's of the new menu or have any thoughts on the food. My last cruise was on the Elation in 2012, I thought the food was good with that menu!!

4) we have a 7 day cruise, is there still 2 fancy nights? do you still get the lobster and steak on those 2 nights?

thanks for the info in advance! any other tips for the Dream will be greatly appreciated!!:D

#1 yes

#2 we NEVER go on CCL excursions, just our personal preference. We don't like getting up a dawn. The excursions have many more people than private excursions

#3 The food is average to above average. We always do the Steakhouse at least once a week

#4 There are 2 elegant nights, however, I do not even bring a jacket or tie. Dress shirt and slacks are sufficient.

I just got off the Dream Sunday.

1) we have purchased the Cheers package....am I correct in the first day (Sunday) we can start drinking but we will have to pay tax on each drink, then once we sail there will be no sales tax.

Yes, but not when you sail, when you exit the Mississippi river about 10pm.

2) our ports are Montego Bay, Cozumel, Cayman Islands.....if we decide to go with a NON-Carnival excursion.....do most of the tour people pick you up at the port or do you have to get a taxi to meet them? Or is it just best to go with the Carnival excursions? You can meet any excursion or get a taxi just outside the gates.

3) Menus---I've heard the menus have changed does anyone have pic's of the new menu or have any thoughts on the food. My last cruise was on the Elation in 2012, I thought the food was good with that menu!! I will try to post a few here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzj3PA5tg8OxQlJ1aGM4VklhVGs

open?id=0Bzj3PA5tg8Oxc0pXRFpUeVU1LWM

4) we have a 7 day cruise, is there still 2 fancy nights? do you still get the lobster and steak on those 2 nights? Two Elegant Nights. First was Monday night and Lobster and Prime Rib. 2nd was Thursday night, Grand Cayman day and had Filet Mignon.