Being "Turned Away" without earlier MTD Reservations?

I always prebook 8.30pm on the cruise planner for every night for when the Diamond lounge drinks stop plus i have filled up with the snacks there first lol.

That's how we've always done it and did for our cruise on the Allure last week. However on boarding found the Diamond lounge was open 430 - 8pm, not the usual 5-830pm.:o

Wasn't an issue though we dawdled down to the MDR along the promenade.

I will add MTD is not new but still seems to be a surprise to Royal when you turn up with or without a reservation.

Although we reserved a time every night we still had a wait for a table and it seemed to be busy busy at 830pm which it is not usually. The person at the desk said it was because everyone wanted a 2 top and there was not enough.

On some days there were still people waiting to dine after the MDR should have finished service with people being bought in to be seated at 940pm.

Edited by Gingerbint
Spelling

Just our experience but we started MTD in 2014 and have never made a reservation nor had to wait for a table for two on any ship. That includes Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance Class ships. We usually head to dinner between 5:30 and 6:30 and we try to be consistent with the same time on each ship if we want the same waiter. It might be just the luck of the draw. We did wait once for a table for four with my son and his wife.

Gregg

We are on Oasis and have booked MTD in cruise planner so that we can see shows that we have reserved later in the evening. Are we likely not to get seated at our booked time, within 10 minutes or so?

We are on Oasis and have booked MTD in cruise planner so that we can see shows that we have reserved later in the evening. Are we likely not to get seated at our booked time, within 10 minutes or so?

It's hard to predict, lots of factors. Why don't you try getting to the dining room 10 minutes early just in case.

It's hard to predict, lots of factors. Why don't you try getting to the dining room 10 minutes early just in case.

Yes, we had intended to do that. I don't get mind a little wait, that can happen anywhere. I got a bit concerned about someone saying they had to returned much later.

Yes, we had intended to do that. I don't get mind a little wait, that can happen anywhere. I got a bit concerned about someone saying they had to returned much later.

If you have MTD reservations and there's a lengthy wait, some have reported being comped a dinner at a specialty venue. Something to perhaps ask for if they tell you the wait will be lengthy (more than 10 min).The norm is to have almost no wait.

eeekk!!!

We had MTD reservations on Oasis for 2 nights since we prefer to eat in the Windjammer or paid restaurants. We just to see the new setup. We had reservations for 7 and waited 40 minutes to be seated. The lines were very long. Needless to say we never bothered to try it again.

I just got off Anthem last Thursday. We never waited more than 5 minutes, had reservations for 6:45 and 7:15. One night we didn't get down to American Icon until after 7:30 and were seated right away. There does seem to be some lines after 8-8:30.

Anyone have any recent experience of MTD on Brilliance?

We were hoping to make reservations for around 7:30, but from what's been reported here, may have to rethink that:confused:.

Thanks,

Tim

Yes, just back. We turned up on spec once, and were told that we could have a table for 2 in half an hour, so we disappeared to the bar for a drink and came back. Thereafter, we tended to book the table for the next night as we left. Had no problems getting a table for 2 at various times between 7:30 & 8:30 on that basis. Maybe 5 minutes wait for one to become clear. Same waiting staff each time.

It was a bit hectic at times, and I imagine the earlier times are the more popular.