Los Lobos Upcharge on Dawn

boop_57

Curious, how do you ensure they charge you instead of taking away a meal on your plan? I will be on the Dawn in January for ten days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most likely talk to the hostess when getting seated, as the first step. If they cannot arrange, after the fact go to the service desk.

Curious, how do you ensure they charge you instead of taking away a meal on your plan? I will be on the Dawn in January for ten days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Talk to the hostess when they are seating you and remind your server when you are ready for your check. Pretty easy for them to do and probably typical.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

So, I am wondering...we do not have the dining package as a perk and will not be purchasing it but want to try Los Lobos. The way I am understanding the website is we pay the specialty dining fee (say it's $30 pp) PLUS 18% gratuity PLUS each items price ala carte???? We still will try it, but if that's the way it works that is really not cool. That's like double charging IMO. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

There is no 'specialty dining fee' to eat at Los Lobos added on top of the menu pricing. Everything on the menu is individually priced and we thought prices were good. If you have the SDP you could choose to use one of your meals there, or just go in and order at the al-carte pricing. We chose to eat there three times during our week on the Dawn so we could try more items. The plates they serve are generous, delicious and quite filling. We had to pace ourselves!

Los Lobos was awesome! I don't even like guacamole. But we had ours tableside anyway. They will make it as spicy or not as you want. Yum!

This is the place you want to go for fresh margaritas.

We had the guacamole, cheese quesadillas and each had an entree. Way too much food for us. We said we would go to just have the quesadillas and guacamole and pay the a la carte prices for those and drink margaritas. (Not that the entrees were bad, they were quite good. We just chowed down on appetizers!) Sadly, it wasn't packed when we were there. No clue why as it was clearly the highlight of our Dawn dining.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

We did the same exact thing! In fact, we went back a second time and just paid for those two items! It was plenty of food. By far, our favorite restaurant.

There is no 'specialty dining fee' to eat at Los Lobos added on top of the menu pricing. Everything on the menu is individually priced and we thought prices were good. If you have the SDP you could choose to use one of your meals there, or just go in and order at the al-carte pricing. We chose to eat there three times during our week on the Dawn so we could try more items. The plates they serve are generous, delicious and quite filling. We had to pace ourselves!

Thanks for that info!

So, I am wondering...we do not have the dining package as a perk and will not be purchasing it but want to try Los Lobos. The way I am understanding the website is we pay the specialty dining fee (say it's $30 pp) PLUS 18% gratuity PLUS each items price ala carte???? We still will try it, but if that's the way it works that is really not cool. That's like double charging IMO. Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

if you have Dining, your bill will be ZERO, many of the restaurants have ala carte pricing for those that do not have dining perk or buy it

If only they were open for lunch too! Not enough dinners on a cruise. But maybe it is a good thing as I would be drinking their Spicy Margarita like I was a fish.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Open for Lunch would be my hope for Bliss, seems like a perfectly priced lunch option to pay out of pocket and not use a SDP credit. Living is SoCal we have so much good mexican food that I don't really see this as Specialty.

Open for Lunch would be my hope for Bliss, seems like a perfectly priced lunch option to pay out of pocket and not use a SDP credit. Living is SoCal we have so much good mexican food that I don't really see this as Specialty.

I would love it for lunch on the Bliss along with those great Margaritas! Much better option IMO than the limited Margaritaville menu.