Teen program and Breakaway

jaee901

Hi again,

My daughter and I will be sailing on the Breakaway to Bermuda this summer. Does anyone have experience with the teen program. My daughter can be a bit shy so I'm wondering how it is for kids who go to the group without friends or family.

If anyone has experience with a child or family member hitting up the group Solo I would love input and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My oldest was 14 the first time (Jewel) I made her go the first night, didn't see her again until the end of the cruise. She was 17, her brother 15, on the next one (Breakaway) and same thing, and they didn't even hang out in the same group of kids.

Make sure she goes when it opens on the first night of the cruise. That's when the getting-to-know-you activities take place. My son always goes alone. He has made some friends with whom he still texts. She'll be fine.

Like the previous poster, we rarely see him the rest of the cruise. LOL! We have to force him to ditch the club and new friends to join us. (He is basically a loner in real life, but was a social butterfly on the cruise.)

Hi again,

My daughter and I will be sailing on the Breakaway to Bermuda this summer. Does anyone have experience with the teen program. My daughter can be a bit shy so I'm wondering how it is for kids who go to the group without friends or family.

If anyone has experience with a child or family member hitting up the group Solo I would love input and advice.

Following! We're cruising with our 14 year old only child who can be shy.

We sailed the Getaway (Breakaway's sister) last April. The programming is pretty similar, I couldn't get my daughter out of the teen program, ever!! She really enjoyed it, after 4/5pm she was out!!!I think even shy teens let it hang a bit... so someone will mosey up to your daughter, so long as she is open enough to engage. She'll be fine! Enjoy!!!

Be sure to go to the Open House the first night so she can survey the land.

If I were traveling with just my teen daughter I would hope she didn't want to go to the club at all but just enjoy the time with me

Ok so before you all get bent out of shape and start with the overbearing stuff....

I've cruised 2x with just me and my 2 college daughters and had an incredible time!!!! Lots of bonding and fun snorkeling and dining and seeing the shows etc No we aren't bar hoppers and are in bed before midnight

Next trip in land based with my 22 and 16 yo to Europe.

Love making family memories ❤️

Our DD really liked Entourage. We went the first afternoon to sign her up and see club (the only time they let adults in). Then she went the first night which is important to meet everyone. They did lots of activities in the club and around the ship. They even had the pool one night to themselves after 10 p.m. I think it was.

If I were traveling with just my teen daughter I would hope she didn't want to go to the club at all but just enjoy the time with me

Ok so before you all get bent out of shape and start with the overbearing stuff....

I've cruised 2x with just me and my 2 college daughters and had an incredible time!!!! Lots of bonding and fun snorkeling and dining and seeing the shows etc No we aren't bar hoppers and are in bed before midnight

Next trip in land based with my 22 and 16 yo to Europe.

Love making family memories ❤️

I'm with ya! I feel the same way about my son, but alas, I don't want to be selfish, so I let him make his own way. However, we do force him to eat dinner with us sometimes, and do various other things, especially on port days. He'd rather be in the club the rest of the time. I love making family memories, and I also love watching him grow and make his own.

I am a single mom and my daughter and I have done vacations since she was 5. There will be required "mom" time, but I just want her to have options so she can make the most of this experience.

Thanks e everyone for the input!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm right there with you! We get plenty of bonding time with our daughter--such is the way when you have an only child. I grew up in a large family, so I always had built-in friends on vacations. It's the hardest part of not having a second child...

So happy to hear the teens like the club and don't think it's "lame." :D

I am a single mom and my daughter and I have done vacations since she was 5. There will be required "mom" time, but I just want her to have options so she can make the most of this experience.

Thanks e everyone for the input!

Sent from my iPad using Forums