NCAA Basketball Tournament on Vista? TNT?

NCTattoo

Set sail on the Vista starting on March 25th. Has anyone sailed on Vista recently and can confirm that the ship does indeed have TNT as a channel option? The Carnival site says the following:

Grab the remote, order room service and catch a movie or your favorite TV show ... all from the comfort of your stateroom.

Television Programming

Depending on the satellite and location of the ship, we receive the following network channels in the staterooms and suites:

• CBS / NBC / ABC / FOX
  • CNN Domestic / CNN International / CNN En Espanol
  • TCM (Turner Classic Movies)
  • Boomerang (cartoons) / Cartoon Network
  • TNT / TBS

I know the Vista has CBS, but I don't ever remember a Carnival ship having TNT. The "depending on the satellite and location of the ship" clause scares me.

Several NCAA tournament games will be broadcast during the cruise on TNT and I was just seeking confirmation from any past Vista cruises that the ship has TNT.

And before the attacks start, it's not life or death and we did know that March Madness was going on when we booked the cruise.....we're just curious if we could watch the game on the TV should our teams make it that far.

Thanks in advance.

We have sailed several times during March madness and have always gotten to watch a lot of the tournament. Not on the Vista but several other ships have shown them in the cabins and in the sports bar.

We sailed last year during the NCAA's and there was only one channel that provided coverage of the tournament...ESPN Caribbean. One game, whatever their feed was via TNT. The crawl was awful, not very good with updating.

The problem is that you are dependent on whatever satellite signal you can get.

Funny, when I saw the thread title I thought to myself, "this person has no idea how important the tournament is to the people in North Carolina." Then I opened it and saw you're from NC. ha! The good old days of the teachers rolling the TVs in the classrooms during the ACC & NCAA Tournaments. Go Heels!

Sorry, carry on...

I clearly recall watching NBA Eastern Conference Finals (Heat / Pacers) on TNT on the Breeze a few years ago. Was on the Vista recently and it has TNT. You should be good.

Tip: If you go to watch on the pool deck or Sports Bar do not wear a T-Rex costume.

I clearly recall watching NBA Eastern Conference Finals (Heat / Pacers) on TNT on the Breeze a few years ago. Was on the Vista recently and it has TNT. You should be good.

Tip: If you go to watch on the pool deck or Sports Bar do not wear a T-Rex costume.

:'):') I still can't get over that story. Next time, try something a bit more subtle. Perhaps, a Brachiosaurus or a Stegosaurus.