Platinum boarding question...

cntrydncr1

If they are booked in the same room, then yes they can go through priority check in. If not, they will have to wait in the non-priority. If you want to board together, you can always do priority check in and then wait for them for general boarding.

No they won't be able to.

Last summer we travelled in 3 cabins - my parents, my brother his wife and 3 kids and myself. My mom is in a wheelchair so they sent her and my dad to 1 line; my niece and I were in another room (I'm platinum) and we were sent to another line; and my brother and his wife and other 2 kids were sent to another line (they were first time cruisers).

When it came to boarding, we all ended up boarding with the highest boarding number of the 3 cabins. They wouldn't let the other two cabins board priority, and we didn't want to leave my brother and his family in the terminal while first I went on, then my parents (lower boarding number) and then they would follow at some point later.

It was more important for us to stay together.

Hi everyone! I'll be traveling with a second roomful of family. Can they check in/board with me in the platinum line??

In general NO, but as with many things in life there are exceptions. If the second cabin consists solely of minors under the direct guardianship of someone in the platinum cabin then they stay with the guardian. But if there is any adult in the second cabin, then all in that cabin must check-in and embark as part of the general or FttF (if bought) process.

As a platinum you would need to drop down to general or FttF boarding after check-in if you want to keep the family together. Also the other cabin will be held to the check-in time they select to even access the cruise terminal unless they purchase FttF, as a platinum you and your cabin mates can enter the terminal for the priority check-in line anytime, ignoring the time selected.

If your group arrives before boarding begins, most ports will have the wedding party wait in a special waiting area, B2B passengers will wait on board but come back land side to get new S&S cards then immediately re-board, while Diamond, Platinum, and Suite passengers wait in the Priority Lounge, FttF will have a separate waiting point, and general boarding will be sat in the rest of the terminal. Boarding once done with check-in will flow in this order:

1. Wedding party and wedding guests
  2. Back to back passengers
  3. Special event invitees
  4. Diamond, Platinum, & Suite passengers
  5. Faster to the Fun pass holders
  6. General boarding

Once boarding has begun, priority passengers regardless of how the status was earned or purchase will bypass any waiting areas and proceed directly on board from the priority check-in area. So in theory if a FttF cabin and a platinum cabin arrive together after boarding has begun they could/would board together as soon as done with processing.

In general NO, but as with many things in life there are exceptions. If the second cabin consists solely of minors under the direct guardianship of someone in the platinum cabin then they stay with the guardian.

I think they closed this loophole and do not allow minors to join their family. the family must go on the regular line if this is the case

edit - it seems this has flip flopped again and its now allowed

• For those guests traveling with minor children alone (without an adult) in separate staterooms that do not fall into one of the three categories above, these additional staterooms may check in through the Priority Check-In Program as well.

We had this same scenario last fall. DH and I went through the VIP security/check-in and then joined daughter and family once they checked in and were heading to their boarding area seating. Port staff let us through no problem once we explained what we were doing. We were probably on board 10 minutes later than we would have been with the Platinum group so no biggee.

I've asked this before and can't seem to get an answer. My husband will be Platinum this cruise, I'll still be Gold and our son will be Red. We're all linked together booking-wise but technically on paper I'm in the room with our son (since he can't be in the room himself) and my husband is in our room. Is our son and I able to go to the Platinum waiting area and board with him or does he have to wait for us to be able to board? I don't know why I'm worried, but I'm worried they won't let us board together unless my husband waits. And with this being his Platinum cruise, I can totally see him ditching us since he's worked hard to be able to reap these benefits. Lol. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've asked this before and can't seem to get an answer. My husband will be Platinum this cruise, I'll still be Gold and our son will be Red. We're all linked together booking-wise but technically on paper I'm in the room with our son (since he can't be in the room himself) and my husband is in our room. Is our son and I able to go to the Platinum waiting area and board with him or does he have to wait for us to be able to board? I don't know why I'm worried, but I'm worried they won't let us board together unless my husband waits. And with this being his Platinum cruise, I can totally see him ditching us since he's worked hard to be able to reap these benefits. Lol. [emoji23]

Your husband will be the only one in the Captain's Lounge. He can either wait there and board when he's called, or with you guys in the general boarding area and go with you when it's your turn.

I would hope my kids would be allowed to board with me.

ok I was mixing up FTTF with other programs. With FTTF your kids would NOT be allowed to go with you. You would have to go on the regular line if you wanted all to go together.

the platinum and gold members can go together in the captains lounge

For FTTF - from Carnival Site

We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

When you look on your boarding documents, his will say "Priority" , yours will not. That's how you can determine who boards when.