Latitudes Afternoon Tea - Various UK locations!

kikki21

Has anyone else in the U.K received an email

about an Afternoon Tea Latitudes event in various locations in the U.K.? It's very intriguing! The full details of the location event won't be revealed to you till 2 days before!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For a minute, I thought that it might be afternoon tea on the newly floated Norwegian Joy on its way to or from trials in the North Sea......now that's what I would call a marketing event. Various locations though make that unlikely.

1.01 it's a cuppa and a digestive at the various cruise shows e.g. Excel London, Birmingham NEC, Manchester MEN etc.

So, I have just registered for the London venue! They will send an "aide memoir" two days before the event. We're not doing anything that I know of on that day and we're not far from London so may well attend out of curiosity.

Mmmmm well I got the impression that it was maybe a bit more than a cuppa and a biscuit as they have asked for dietary requirements. We are 40 mins from Birmingham and we can turn it into a day trip so I clicked yes and intrigued to know what it is all about but if it was anything to do with pre inaugurals on the Joy/Bliss then I wouldn't want to miss out!

It's not to do with the Cruise Show at the NEC as that event is later in the year, this is in April!

Is this only through email?

Check your spam as sometimes these emails land in there!

I noticed when reserving my places that it also asked if you were trade as well as Latitudes so it looks like cruise travel agents will be there as well.

If you click on the reply link in the email, it gives all the dates and cities. My daughter got sent it as she seems to have been selected as the point of contact in our home. Have emailed back asking for the invitation to be reissued to us as we would love to find out what this is all about, especially the "exciting new product enhancement for the UK that will bring new meaning to premium contemporary cruising" and "discover the new way to cruise and help us celebrate another first for Norwegian"

• 1 month later...

I've just had the confirmation come through for the event at the Hilton at the NEC. All good until I notice the car parking charge at the Hilton, £15 for three to eight hours! I checked the Hilton website and the first 15 minutes free and then it is £12 for up to three hours. May cancel as this seems a lot for a promo event.

If you're still bothered about going, you can park at the train station at the NEC and walk over for cheaper. I'm not 100% sure of where the Hilton is but the whole complex is pretty walkable. We do this when visiting the NEC for work conferences as the cost of event parking is scandalous!

We are attending the Manchester event this afternoon. Can't decide whether to drive as it's only a few miles from home. Parking is free but they may be serving Prosecco as they are promoting "Premium All Inclusive". No guilt as we booked POA the day after the AI launch date.

Will post again after the event.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Forums mobile app

I've just had the confirmation come through for the event at the Hilton at the NEC. All good until I notice the car parking charge at the Hilton, £15 for three to eight hours! I checked the Hilton website and the first 15 minutes free and then it is £12 for up to three hours. May cancel as this seems a lot for a promo event.

There's a new shopping and eating complex at the NEC, Resort World. I dont think they charge as much for parking.