New capacity restrictions on cabins

I saw this interesting news on a FB thread. Apparently now with the new room classifications in place, if a cabin is capable of 3 or 4 people then RC will no longer allow someone to book that cabin unless they meet that 3 or 4 person restriction. Quite the interesting move making this change.

I would like to see them restrict booking only one of two connecting cabins, at least until closer to sail date. It's very frustrating when you need two together and there are several where only one is booked.

I would like to see them restrict booking only one of two connecting cabins, at least until closer to sail date. It's very frustrating when you need two together and there are several where only one is booked.

I am not guilty. I detest booking a connecting cabin, and will avoid at all costs. ;)

I agree that this would be a good improvement. Even if it was 6 months out before they released them for singular booking or a certain % of rooms sold or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am not guilty. I detest booking a connecting cabin, and will avoid at all costs. ;)

I totally agree with this!! Until that one cruise I need one! I think most people that have been in one will avoid totally unless needed. I certainly do! :D

It really limits the selection. I called in to see if there was an option to get 2 connecting rooms so our kids would be in one and we would be in the other. The agent would "find an option" but then notice that doesn't work since one of the rooms has a minimum of 3 people (and you couldn't do 3 in one room and 1 in the other as they still charge for the minimum). Made the interior connecting options very slim.

I really don't understand why people do it, other than maybe they just don't understand what they booked or didn't notice. I wouldn't want one if I didn't need one either!

Not everyone cares! I sure don't.

People say there's more noise with a connecting room, but I sleep with earplugs and dh and ds sleep like the dead so it doesn't bother us. :)

Not everyone cares! I sure don't.

People say there's more noise with a connecting room, but I sleep with earplugs and dh and ds sleep like the dead so it doesn't bother us. :)

The one time I booked a connecting cabin was a late booking, and seems those connecting cabins are the ones left over all the time when I am looking for a location.

We ended up with a family of four next to us, including two very active young boys. The noise through the door was awful. The boys kept trying to open the connecting door, wiggling the handle and trying to force it open. I finally had to yell at them through the door to stop it. "Not letting you in, enough of that now!". They finally did. Never again. Won't cruise if that is the only thing left. I would miss my couch also. :(

I really don't understand why people do it, other than maybe they just don't understand what they booked or didn't notice. I wouldn't want one if I didn't need one either!

Sometimes it's the only cabin available in a specific location . I've done it before.

I have the opposite problem. I am usually looking for a non-connecting room and they seem to be the ones that get booked first...

I have the opposite problem. I am usually looking for a non-connecting room and they seem to be the ones that get booked first...

Yup, totally agree. Connecting cabins are the least desirable cabins, evidently since they

are the only ones left over if you book late. :(

If they were in such demand...they would go first. ;)

I saw this interesting news on a FB thread. Apparently now with the new room classifications in place, if a cabin is capable of 3 or 4 people then RC will no longer allow someone to book that cabin unless they meet that 3 or 4 person restriction. Quite the interesting move making this change.

This has sort of been going on off and on for a while for some cabin categories ... but it's never been an absolute rule. :confused:

What if those are the only cabins they have left and you are only 2 people. Surely they will let you book.

What if those are the only cabins they have left and you are only 2 people. Surely they will let you book.

Depends how close it is to sailing. They do reduce the minimum occpancy requirement at times.