Question: What shops/brands are in the shops aboard the Oosterdam

RenaeInCA

Can anyone tell me about the shops/brands they saw on the Oosterdam recently? I really enjoy perusing the shops and I have been wondering if anyone recalls any specific brands you remember from them. After our first cruise, DH bought be a beautiful watch that I'd seen in the shop on the Westerdam.

TIA!

We have seen the general shops change concessionaires, depending on the ship and perhaps the destinations. However they all seem to have the same very high-end jewelry boutique (Marbella) in a separate boutique setting, duty free liquor and brand name cosmetics, a fun array of $10 cruise accessory items, some ship logo items, and then a vast inventory of "stuff in between". (lots of watches, lesser jewelry and boxed gift ware)

Of late I have seen Joseph Ribokoff dressy cruise wear items that run several hundred dollars and even $3000 cashmere shawls and gaudy fur items on our Baltic cruise, where it appeared the general merchandise shops were run by a Russian concessionaire, down to lesser priced no-name cruise wear. My main personal complaint is the shops do not carry much for the more "mature" women and have mainly sleeveless or very short length items.

However, over time I have quite a collection of items I have purchased from the ship shops, mainly when they heavily discount them or when necessary to supplement some missing pieces in my own packing - mainly weather related - when it gets too hot or too cold.for what I had originally packed.

We were on the O'dam just after being on the Zuiderdam in January and I was VERY disappointed in what the O'dam had...I had saved my shopping to do on the O'dam and there was very little in a much smaller area, too! No EFFE jewelry, etc. Very little of any note. I think probably half the size of the Z'dam shops. Don't plan on shopping too much...not much there. (IMO)

Sigh...I love seeing the high-end watches, jewelry, and handbags onboard. I still love my Tag Heuer watch that I first saw on a cruise and received from my DH the following month for Valentines Day. And an EFFE ring that I got onboard on another cruise. I was hoping to get a new purse duty free this time, but I guess I shouldn't count on that.