Izumi hibachi dinner reviews

Has anyone done the hibachi dinner on Oasis what was your experience what's included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's pretty good. Very much a show. They tell lots of jokes and it's quite interactive. Definitely more than Benihana. Know that you'll be seated with other passengers at your hibachi table.

As far as food it's all pretty good. Not the best teppanyaki I've had but certainly not the worst. You can mix/match any of the combinations to your liking, even if they're not listed (i.e. lobster/shrimp, chicken/scallop, etc). They always make extra rice at the table in case you want more than what they initially serve you.

My one advice is to avoid the lobster. Since they exclusively use frozen lobster on board, it doesn't survive well being cooked on the grill. Very rubbery and not the freshest taste.

We did it in February and one thing to know is that it gets quite hot. The tables are next to the Windows and that along with the heat of the grill really warms up. Food was quite good. Just dress in cooler clothes.

What sauces are served for dipping? Do they do the "yummy yummy" sauce (for shrimp...sort of a mayo-based sauce)?

No. The sauces are kind of weak, as they are generic bottled kind and not really comparative to what you find at land-based do locations. I believe it's a standard "sweet chili," plain teriyaki and a ginger soy, which is the best and most like a traditional teppan sauce.

If we have a 5 night dinner package and want the hibachi experience, do we just pay the extra $9 or whatever the charge is for the combo?

I am not sailing on Oasis, but on Allure and guessing it's the same on both. My family loves the hibachi dinners at Epcot and other places, so we are looking forward to our experience on the ship. Thanks.

We LOVED it. Our chef was VERY entertaining. We don't really do hibachi back home, so we really enjoyed it. We had great tablemates. TONS of food and yummy.

You get to pick two proteins, but if I am not mistaken the seafood is an upcharge and not worth it.

Wish I did beef.

Food was great!

Definitely worth the cost and would do it again!!!

Enjoy!!!!

We did it on Allure 3 weeks ago. We really enjoyed it and our table mates were somewhat blah. :) We did not do the combos which are $45 vs $39 for 1 meat. The $39 includes edimame, rice, veggies, meat, and a dessert. I found they give a lot of food. We did order sushi, app, and I believe beer for DH which was extra.

Have fun!

We enjoyed it on Oasis last year. Personally I found it no different then Benihanna or Shogun. Definitely would do it again with the dinner package.

I just posted this pic on Als live review on the Harmony, the chef we had is now on the Harmony

Aami_fsP3ONZAJLwZ63nhPqn-Ac6GrZihXHavSTXfs4_xVJ8QOvNVEwt7OpgAiCIIG77U22jPQq_x-PF6OaTjtjM7eo0LAiEig1AN0ss6grVJtGy5rbtSxtd3WYzubxIMyVoWSyLhgXzeGiqahKgiVZlVZ3wmXugGhu4lOe8e67j-qJ5zT_7aYboJvqymOGGmWDpIYjeRrQyQQWF5YHlhC6W83E5DaLeAxQh5JE7UoFN7wqKaIaJIR5puAvkC3oPe_e7bxgYb2VPdfCapzN9avsqccFvqIAbkBZDOodOTIytObabF7O2PFZmMaPT3EXBZHNyrelwtticuIQI_7lJqgopLGto-ms1Vw1meSUCjVz0JSzEeXOkCOf-YPfDuSKNN4NkaDu9n266Ap6bW2a4B5_L7NEBvO1QDBqxEvp9WOQiOeXweTFmjXzSL61dfWBV9w8dvaJOtp3FesQgvNtB2qrbRcg-r72G7ilmhHOnmuQzMdre5K8DFdEfn9dHr8u_irYrILYBCjWZJOMDEv3iRLT2jWJ5JtgHZICukQT2GcNPIV0XQLI_UP5b3lqlHcI9U2gXsBP-ZB-HVfrCREyF6iE9loROXD6SJCFoGZQU9qPQck_02Q=w2160-h1215-no