Gold Members-No Past Guest Party

It's been awhile since I've cruised... from what I'm reading, gold members are no longer included in the past guest party???

They replaced it with a drink coupon, that you can use the last day of the cruise after 5pm...

But they will hope you forget to use it. Loyalty means less and less to Carnival

Thats sad. Kinda ridiculous that they make you wait to use your coupon until the last day after 5. The whole purpose of that is Im sure most people arent drinking the last night because of traveling the next day and probably hung over from all the drinking days prior. My last cruise I never used it because of that. Obviously just a cheap move on Carnival's part. We should be able to use it any time. If that happens again, I will make sure I use that coupon somehow. I dont care if I have to buy some stranger a drink with it. Just for the principle of the matter.

Loyalty really is meaning less and less. You are right. I really enjoyed the VIFP party I went to once on my first gold cruise. If I ever make it to Platinum, Im sure the loyalty will be gone then too.

The coupon says "last day after 5pm"...BUT...they will accept it pretty much any time. We've used it at brunch on the last sea day (Glory & Dream), and also at Ocean Plaza Bar on Elegant night (Vista).

I am gold at 55 days currently and it does not mean much really. Basically one free liter size bottle of water, a pin, and a drink coupon as others have noted it is marked as to be used after 5pm on the last day of your cruise. It certainly does nothing to entice me back to Carnival for my next cruise, knowing that I need at least three 7 day cruises to make platinum. And platinum perks dont really stand out as a draw to me anymore. so for me, gold really means nothing...nothing, zilch. and platinum on Carnival means not much more, and nothing to entice me to stay.

Edited by SMSACE6

the drink coupon can be used at the java cafe for a milkshake too..thats what i use my coupon for...best milkshake at sea :D

Good idea for using the coupon, did not even think about that

A bottle of water, a pin and a drink coupon. That's it.

Some like to wear their cards around their necks to show their status. Me? I keep my card tucked in my swimsuit top.

That isn't the ONLY reason many cruisers wear their cards around their necks. Many wear them so they won't lose them or leave them in the cabin or never forget them in the slots . . . LOL (poor scared rabbit)

That isn't the ONLY reason many cruisers wear their cards around their necks. Many wear them so they won't lose them or leave them in the cabin or never forget them in the slots . . . LOL (poor scared rabbit)

This is me. I have a neck wallet and I wear it all the time, even at home. Has my driver's license in it, credit cards, cash, whatever. I don't have to worry about leaving a purse somewhere. I could give a fig what other people think about my status with Carnival.....

A bottle of water, a pin and a drink coupon. That's it.

Some like to wear their cards around their necks to show their status. Me? I keep my card tucked in my swimsuit top.

I wear it around my neck for convenience, I would assume most that do are doing it for the same reason. Not everyone is so vain. So if you see me please don't jump to a conclusion :);p

The whole purpose of that is Im sure most people arent drinking the last night because of traveling the next day and probably hung over from all the drinking days prior.

We just used ours in the dining room for dinner on our last cruise. It was the only drink we had that day.

As far as loyalty goes, we cruise to cruise, not for some party or to see what kind of free gifts we get that we'll never use anyway.

As far as loyalty goes, we cruise to cruise, not for some party or to see what kind of free gifts we get that we'll never use anyway.

Totally agree. I cruise with Carnival because of the great value for what you get in cruising, not because they give you a free drink. If you can't afford to buy 1 drink ($10), then what are you cruising for anyway.

We always use our free drink coupon for our last drink of the cruise and we have never forgot to use it! As they have not had the golds included in the past guest party in a while we do not miss it (was crowded and a bunch of grabby people trying to get free drinks) and usually did not go.

We actually appreciate the coupon and can be used in the afternoon if you want (DS uses his in afternoon as I have in the past). Not a big deal seriously...:rolleyes:

I wear it around my neck for convenience, I would assume most that do are doing it for the same reason. Not everyone is so vain. So if you see me please don't jump to a conclusion :);p

Me too. I don't have pockets in most of my outfits and I don't want to have to worry about leaving behind a purse. So either I can put it somewhere that gets hot and sticky (I'll just leave it at that) [emoji15], wear a fanny pack [emoji15][emoji15], or wear a lanyard [emoji4]. It's vacation. People need to quit hating about status. Who cares?