Boarding ID Requirements . Port of Seattle . Closed Loop. Celebrity Cruise Line

LeftcoastBC

Nexus .. Just had a long conversation with several cruise Line Agents at their 1-800 number on the Canadian X website the last purporting to be the supervisor.

Purpose was to ascertain for sure what I need to board a X ship in Seattle to go to Alaska and back to Seattle with a stop of course in Canada (Im a citizen of Canada)

Several things were mentioned one of them being completely incorrect so I will not mention it. One more is iffy so I won't mention it either.

First lady had not heard of Nexus as being in the "Trusted Traveler Program"

Both kept on saying I needed a passport. Finally got the 2nd lady to amend her thinking to Birth Certificate and Government ID. (Drivers Lic.) and admit to knowing about nexus.

I'm still not happy cause neither one liked the idea of Nexus which is just really confusing and I'm sure not going to travel with her final recommendation. Anyways.......

Does anyone have a number or contact person with the Cruise Line or Captains Club (if they actually exist anymore other than for benefits and points)

MY Travel Partner's Passport has expired but has Nexus. Which is good enough to fly from Designated airports also.

X's website clearly links to home lands WHTI site as copied in previous post, which clearly shows Nexus.

https://www.dhs.gov/western-hemisphere-travel-initiative

The other thing in play here is the fact that we board in the USA which means we would have crossed the border of the Country the ship is leaving from already. Before I receive advice that my partner should get a passport as it's best. We know that.

It's just that budgets are tight for some folks and that is in play here. Thanks.

going to Post this is the AK/Wet Coast Forums also