The 'Digital' Navigator...

msmayor

Just off NA and the Navigator is great. I loved building our daily itinerary.

I don’t know what it’s like on other ships, but access to the HAL website seemed to move very slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
When & Where is still delivered to staterooms each evening

Ok, glad to hear it. I mentioned the app to my mother and she was concerned about being able to read the small print on her phone.

Do folks still upload copies of these here? If so, where would I find them?

• 2 months later...
Know Before You Go

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE NAVIGATOR

Manage your cruise with our free, mobile-friendly tool. Once you’re on the ship, use your smart phone, tablet or laptop to plan your

day’s activities, browse and purchase tours, look at menus and make restaurant reservations, peruse spa treatments, check your accountbalance, purchase internet access and more. You don’t have todownload anything in advance, it’s easy to use and free of charge.

Getting started is simple. Once on the ship, connect with yourship’s Wi-Fi and open your device’s web browser and Navigator

should open automatically. You won’t incur Internet or cellular datacharges when using Navigator.

Is this available on all ships? I will be on the ms Amsterdam next month.

Is this available on all ships? I will be on the ms Amsterdam next month.

As far as I know, it's available on all their ships. We used it on Oosterdam last Fall and loved it. Looking forward to using it again on Eurodam in a few months.

As far as I know, it's available on all their ships. We used it on Oosterdam last Fall and loved it. Looking forward to using it again on Eurodam in a few months.

I look forward to using the digital Navigator next month, which will be the first time for us. Thanks for the info!

Post #28 stated that they do indeed still deliver a printed copy every morning. :)

I look forwards to this "app." Sounds very useful.

Delivery is in the evening, not morning. That gives you the opportunity to do a bit of advanced planning for the following day.

But are they delivered in the morning or in the evening?:confused:

Paper version of When & Where is delivered in the evening when room stewards perform the clean up and turn-down. Digital version is available 24 hours.

Hours of operation for the onboard dining venues is available only in the printed When & Where. The digital navigator provides this message “*Check daily program for operational hours.”

However, digital navigator provides the dining menus.

One of the features I liked on the Navigator App was the ability to view the menus for the main dining room. Each morning I would pull up the menus on my iPad and take a screen shot and save the photos. By doing so, I was able to easily include each day's menu on my blog posts and it was much easier than taking a photo of the actual menu in the dining room.

I did use the message feature some as well. It works like a text message, but does not give any alert when a message is received which would be helpful. But...if you are anticipating a message, it did the trick. Often times we were just trying to figure out where to meet up with our friends...or where they were sitting in the theater, etc. and in those cases I just kept checking until it arrived.

This thread has been super helpful! Thanks for the great information. We will be on the Oosterdam over Thanksgiving, and will have our four year old son. Naturally we are planning to try to convince our son to attend Club HAL, so my question is, does anyone know if the Club needs to notify parents, do they also send notifications through the Navigator app messaging system?

One of the features I liked on the Navigator App was the ability to view the menus for the main dining room. Each morning I would pull up the menus on my iPad and take a screen shot and save the photos. By doing so, I was able to easily include each day's menu on my blog posts and it was much easier than taking a photo of the actual menu in the dining room.

That is a nice feature. Very helpful.

This thread has been super helpful! Thanks for the great information. We will be on the Oosterdam over Thanksgiving, and will have our four year old son. Naturally we are planning to try to convince our son to attend Club HAL, so my question is, does anyone know if the Club needs to notify parents, do they also send notifications through the Navigator app messaging system?

I know in times past they always requested you put your evening locations down on the sign in sheet, we always listed where we would be in the order of events. But using the app messaging system would indeed be great should a parent need to be contacted quickly. Would be even more helpful though if the messenger alerted you to a new message, vibrated your device for instance.

I did use the message feature some as well. It works like a text message, but does not give any alert when a message is received which would be helpful. But...if you are anticipating a message, it did the trick. Often times we were just trying to figure out where to meet up with our friends...or where they were sitting in the theater, etc. and in those cases I just kept checking until it arrived.

I have enjoyed reading about your most recent adventure on the Zandaam. That new shower set up looks great!

I know in times past they always requested you put your evening locations down on the sign in sheet, we always listed where we would be in the order of events. But using the app messaging system would indeed be great should a parent need to be contacted quickly. Would be even more helpful though if the messenger alerted you to a new message, vibrated your device for instance.

Thanks for your help! I agree with everyone posting here, that having the messenger app alert you to receipt of a message would be ideal! And especially more so for kids club participants! Other cruise lines have successfully utilized messaging through apps, so maybe HAL will catch up sooner rather than later:confused: Thanks again for your help!