Water Taxi in Ft Lauderdale ?

bahama_mama2015

Anyone have recent experience in water taxi?

We are getting off the Splendor in Miami on Sunday the 16th. We don't have to be at the airport until 2:00 in Ft Lauderdale

Would 10:00-2:00 be enough time to explore a few stops on the water taxi?

Does anyone know the address as to wear you start? Could I call an Uber from anyone if the stops and get a ride to the airport?

How far is the airport from the water taxi route? Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are getting off the Splendor in Miami on Sunday the 16th. We don't have to be at the airport until 2:00 in Ft Lauderdale

Does anyone know the address as to wear you start? Could I call an Uber from anyone if the stops and get a ride to the airport?

There's a water taxi stop under the 17th Street bridge by Hilton that goes south and north in the intercostal. 10-2 would give you a nice view of the intercostal and maybe allow for a stop at Bokampers at the north end for lunch. Uber to the stop is about $6-7 and from the stop to the airport would be around $10. We did the taxi in December prior to our cruise and plan to do it again in April. It's a great ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a water taxi stop under the 17th Street bridge by Hilton that goes south and north in the intercostal. 10-2 would give you a nice view of the intercostal and maybe allow for a stop at Bokampers at the north end for lunch. Uber to the stop is about $6-7 and from the stop to the airport would be around $10. We did the taxi in December prior to our cruise and plan to do it again in April. It's a great ride!

Thank you!!! That's awesome!!! What should we do with our luggage?

Everything you need to know about the water taxi is at www.watertaxi.com.

Regarding your luggage, I would use the luggage valet program for your cruiseline (set it out the night before disembarkation and see it next at your home airport) and then you can arrange your transportation from Miami right to your first water taxi stop. If you don't want to do that and are transferring from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderale airport, there are baggage to go (www.bagstogo.net) storage facilities in each FLL terminal. You can store your luggage there since most airlines don't allow baggage check until about 3 hours before your flight and take a cab/uber to the water taxi.

Is there plenty to see & do if we got off at most stops?

We were hoping to spend a full day exploring using the water taxi.

There are several stops, the Olas area is blocked due to dredging but several stops along the beach where you get off and then reboard the next taxi. Plenty to do to kill four hours. Possibly Hilton may hold your luggage if you have no other choice.

As previously mentioned if you can use the luggage program on the ship that would be nice but not all airlines have that program.

We will be staying at The Riverside Hotel on Olas - can we get the taxi near there?

Yes at stops 3 (closest) and 4 (nearby). Check out the stops on the Fort Lauderdale route and expand the webpage ("show more") to get additional info on nearby attractions, etc. http://watertaxi.com/?s=&categories=54&locations=0&dir-search=yes.

I hadn't heard about any dredging impacting the New River (Las Olas) water taxi stops and couldn't find any reference to it on the website or by googling it. Maybe it is done? I would give the water taxi a call if that is a concern: Tel: (954) 467-6677, Email: info@watertaxi.com

Yes at stops 3 (closest) and 4 (nearby). Check out the stops on the Fort Lauderdale route and expand the webpage ("show more") to get additional info on nearby attractions, etc. http://watertaxi.com/?s=&categories=54&locations=0&dir-search=yes.

I hadn't heard about any dredging impacting the New River (Las Olas) water taxi stops and couldn't find any reference to it on the website or by googling it. Maybe it is done? I would give the water taxi a call if that is a concern: Tel: (954) 467-6677, Email: info@watertaxi.com

Stop#4 was as far as you could go when we road the taxi in December, Stops#1-3 were inaccessible due to the dredging. You can get to the shops from #4.

I doubt you can make it from the POM to Ft Lauderdale by 10:00 AM. You would have to be one of the first ones off the ship and Uber straight to Ft Lauderdale. If you rent a car you will have to catch the shuttle to MIA to get the car.

You can wear whatever you are comfortable in when you start, but what are you going to do with your luggage? Are you renting a car?

The closest Water Taxi Stop to FLL is underneath the 17th Street Causeway Bridge in front of the Hilton Marina. From there you could take the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi and go north towards Downtown or take the Hollywood Water Taxi and go south to Hollywood Beach, the Broadwalk and Margaritaville.

By the time you pay $28 per person for the Water Taxi and transportation to the Water Taxi, then transportation to FLL it's going to be a bit pricey and a big rush for just a couple hours.

By the time you pay $28 per person for the Water Taxi and transportation to the Water Taxi, then transportation to FLL it's going to be a bit pricey and a big rush for just a couple hours.

$15 tickets on Groupon right now. We absolutely love the water taxi. I would recommend riding through the Intercoastal to see all of the beautiful homes of celebrities, new & old, then ride over to Hollywood Beach to walk the Broadwalk & get your uber from there to the airport. Should check their website though, not sure if they will be running on Easter Sunday as they are operated by volunteers.